Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blew Up My Ultra 150 Aug 23rd 2008 signdaddy's Avatar

Angry Bad Luck and Bad Dealer!!!!! Beware of Beaumont, TX. Dealer

Hello everyone... I just want to warn you about the Dealer(Stealership) in Beaumont Texas called "Golden Triangle Powersports". Hopefully what I provide here is information that could save you alot of green so here is my story:

I bought a ski in Panama City Beach Florida in early Jan. I found another ski with a great engine compression 125-125-125 plus it had a number of other aftermarket parts. I pulled the old engine and installed the new one plus changed the drive shaft bearing and seals. I made sure everything went in just right and didn't rush. I torn into the carbs and cleaned them but didnt know if they were adjusted right. Installed new oil lines so I did what the manual said and mix my oil and gas in the tank also. It wouldn't start and it was flooding out it seemed. I did not want to risk burning it up so I brought it in the the Dealer in Beaumont Texas on April 1st 2008. I ask them to check each carb out and make sure it was adjusted right. Oh I forgot to mention I tie strapped all the lines oil and fuel. Well days then weeks then months went by all the while I had been contacting the dealer every few weeks. After all they said it would only take 2-3 weeks and the ski would be done. Then one day I got a call on July 27th and they said it was ready. So I went straight there to pick it up and they said it was running. After testing I noticed out of the water in ran wide open but in the water it was only at 4000 rpms. I read about limp mode and thought it was putting itself into limp mode. I dont think this is what it was but rather another issue with my jet pump bearing maybe. So I tore into the Jet pump to find the factory impeller was rubbing on the wear ring and the impeller shaft threads was stripped. Since the shaft was stripped the impeller would just rub anywhere at this point. I then changed the pump bearings and seals, wear ring, & installed a Solas impeller. Next was to test this. Well, I have a 6 month old, its been raining, and we had a trip out of town planned so really riding was not an option. Friday Aug 22nd. 2008 I finally ran that first tank of mix gas out of the ski I put back in March. So Saturday I filled the ski with 93 octane without premix because the dealer(stupid me) told me to no longer premix because of the oil injection. Maybe 15 minutes of riding and Cylinder #1 is Blown!!!!!!!!!! Also, remember the oil and gas lines I tie strapped with the strapping gun. They are stilled strapped and I bet the dealer never open them up. In fact I bet the only thing they done was put a batter charger on and turn it over until it starts. I could have done that but I guess I put too much trust in them along with the discounted rate of $377 they charged me to get my ski running and check out the carbs they never took off the ski. Now I am back to square one...... What wold you do?

If I can offer a suggestion without offending, break up long posts like that with paragraphs. It makes it easier for people to read and respond to.

Yea, that sucks! I had a very bad experience with a local repair shop as well. My suggestion would be to try to fix it yourself.

If I read your post correctly, the ski was run without the oil injection lines connected?
    Last edited by axgrider73; 08-24-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Oil lines were connected. I used new lines and use a tie strap gun to install tie straps instead of clips. I think the #1 carb had a issue. Dont each carb have an adjustment?

Post some pictures of the plugs and do a compression check.

It wont turn over. Its locked up. I will try to get the plug pictures soon. Thanks

Sounds like it was oil starved. Did you test the pump after you rebuilt the engine?

I didnt test the pump. I sent it to the dealer and they should have. That was the reason I sent it rather than continue to try to start it. I should have taken more time with it and learned rather than bring it to the dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by signdaddy View Post
    I didnt test the pump. I sent it to the dealer and they should have. That was the reason I sent it rather than continue to try to start it. I should have taken more time with it and learned rather than bring it to the dealership.

Get ahold of WFO. He's on this Forum and lives here in Houston.

Dealer would not and should not check the pump if you only told them to adjust the carbs. Also if you only told them to check the adjustment of each carb , then they would'nt even have to remove the oil lines or the carbs.
    Sounds like you didnt do a good cleaning of the carbs and the #1 cylinder got no oil.
    Cant blame the dealer for that unless you left out some of the story as to what you told the dealer to do to the ski.

I torn into the carbs and cleaned them but didnt know if they were adjusted right. Installed new oil lines so I did what the manual said and mix my oil and gas in the tank also. It wouldn't start and it was flooding out it seemed. I did not want to risk burning it up so I brought it in the the Dealer in Beaumont Texas on April 1st 2008. I ask them to check each carb out and make sure it was adjusted right. Oh I forgot to mention I tie strapped all the lines oil and fuel.
    Not my fault rather than Dealers as I did ask them. I know I shouldnt trust them but I will learn from this mistake. I haven't had a chance to tear into it yet but soon...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information