Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VTS Trim Rod 98 GSXL

things just keep getting worse and worse for me here ... first i had a problem with the bolt backing out on the VTS trim rod where it meets the steering nozzle, now the whole plastic piece at the end of the rod broke in 2 pieces!

anyone have one for sale? anyone else have a problem with these breaking?
    Last edited by radeon; 08-24-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Misspelling

They are a cheap part ($10 or less dealer price) that your local dealer probably has in stock, if not they could order one for you today and you will be on the water before next weekend. If you get any different results then just call Perry Performance Group and have them mail you one.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjetski View Post
    They are a cheap part ($10 or less dealer price) that your local dealer probably has in stock, if not they could order one for you today and you will be on the water before next weekend. If you get any different results then just call Perry Performance Group and have them mail you one.
    oh really i thought those trim rods were like 30 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by radeon View Post
    oh really i thought those trim rods were like 30 dollars
    Geeeeze their $12.60 at Ronnies
    http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fich...ion_detail.asp
    You might could afford that

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    Geeeeze their $12.60 at Ronnies
    http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fich...ion_detail.asp
    You might could afford that

phew thats kind of expensive man ..... after buying a new 951 motor, a new jet pump assembly, new impeller, carb rebuild kits, new fuel lines .... the trim rod is just one more punch in the dick

+1
    yes there only about 12 dollars i bought one for my 99 gsxl.you will need to watch out for the size of the rod that screws into the end on the vts side,i just bought one at the dealer and the rod is bigger than the one i have,they said the part has been superseeded to this new one and you have to buy the new end that bolts to the vts side also!!! wich is 30bucks or so.just thought id pass that along.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastrat View Post
    yes there only about 12 dollars i bought one for my 99 gsxl.you will need to watch out for the size of the rod that screws into the end on the vts side,i just bought one at the dealer and the rod is bigger than the one i have,they said the part has been superseeded to this new one and you have to buy the new end that bolts to the vts side also!!! wich is 30bucks or so.just thought id pass that along.
    yeah i went to the dealaer today, they couldnt sell me the the 12 dollar part, just the one that was like 40 dollars .... > have to try to find one online i guess...

+1
    Yes, thoe parts were upgraded around 99-2000 and the old sizedones prob aren't avail any more.

TLR

Mine broke on my 98 gsxl a while back. JB weld didn't hold so I doused fibreglass stips in 5 minute epoxy and wrapped them tightly around the elbow. Then I added a couple more coats of epoxy... then I took 4 zip ties and cranked em up tight all around the break in the elbow and lastly, I put another coat of epoxy over the whole thing.

It looks a bit cobbed up but it works well. Better than wasting $40.
    Last edited by d0n; 08-26-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d0n View Post
    Mine broke on my 98 gsxl a while back. JB weld didn't hold so I doused fibreglass stips in 5 minute epoxy and wrapped them tightly around the elbow. Then I added a couple more coats of epoxy... then I took 4 zip ties and cranked em up tight all around the break in the elbow and lastly, I put another coat of epoxy over the whole thing.

It looks a bit cobbed up but it works well. Better than wasting $40.
    Man I would love to see the rest of your boat...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information