Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar

thinking about off season mods early...

I will sent the carbs off this winter to be rebuilt, jetted,t-handles, etc...

also going to get after market f.a's is there a preferred one to go with?

i will send the head off to Jim to mill....

What does anyone know about Jims mod on the pump shoe? makes sense to have a flat bottom shoe, the same as the plate...

also what should i do with reeds?

Anything else to consider, i mostly do rec riding, but enjoy improving my ski...
    thanks
    chris

+1
    There's an off season? oh yeah back on topic.

Flame arrestors I prefer the Prok and the Pro-tec adapters.

Reeds the best way to go is VF-III I get them from Lowell his info is in my sig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC 226.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	680.4 KB 
ID:	90540  

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    I love those Prök flame arrestors.. But Bill, I have heard that aftermarket reeds aren't worth the trouble because they end up being like stock after just a few hours of use. I have also seen this mentioned on the Group K website. What gives here?

Also, I don't see any watercraft applications listed on that reed manufacturer's website... Boyesen is the only thing I have seen.
    Last edited by OBXJeepGuy; 08-25-2008 at 09:19 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXJeepGuy View Post
    I love those Prök flame arrestors.. But Bill, I have heard that aftermarket reeds aren't worth the trouble because they end up being like stock after just a few hours of use. I have also sen this mentioned on the Group K website. What gives here?

Also, I don't see any watercraft applications listed on that reed manufacturer's website... Boyesen is the only thing I have seen.
    Regarding the reed info, this was what Group K told me back in 2002, but we were also talking about a 65U motor, which is very snappy to begin with. GPR's are sluggish and need all the help they can get off of the bottom. Reeds have improved since 2002, and they are a must do on a GPR, not a GP.

+1
    I love those Prök flame arrestors.. But Bill, I have heard that aftermarket reeds aren't worth the trouble because they end up being like stock after just a few hours of use. I have also sen this mentioned on the Group K website. What gives here?

I have VF-III reeds with over a 100 hours on them and they still look new. as far as performance, look at every top two stroke on this forum they are all running VF reeds either II or III's. This is the best way to go proven time and time again.

As far as what is listed on Moto Tasanari's website they no longer make VF-II reeds and the VF-III reeds we run are modified snow mobile cages in a custom made adapter. That's why I pointed him towards Lowell's website, he is one of very few companies you can get these through.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LH1300BB 084.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	90723  

Well, I guess I will look into those when I start doing speed mods after I get the ride mods all done. In the likely case that I can't make something from V-F work, I will go with the Boyesen Pro carbon fiber reeds.

Other than that, and milling the head, I'm not sure what else I can do to the 760 as far as engine mods. I know I have to do some tweaking with the carbs right now. I can't seem to get them to line up together. Either they will both open all the way, and one won't shut all the way, or vice versa. If that makes any sense to you?

Well, I guess I will look into those when I start doing speed mods after I get the ride mods all done. In the likely case that I can't make something from V-F work, I will go with the Boyesen Pro carbon fiber reeds.

Other than that, and milling the head, I'm not sure what else I can do to the 760 as far as engine mods. I know I have to do some tweaking with the carbs right now. I can't seem to get them to line up together. Either they will both open all the way, and one won't shut all the way, or vice versa. If that makes any sense to you?
    If you want a fast reliable ski, you need to listen to the people in the know and one of them is Osidebill. He didn't say to use Boyesen reeds, he said to use VF3's .

The VF3s will last longer than any other reed in these skis. They also give a 100+ rpm gain on top with great mid range power. The difference is night and day. I run them. All the fast guys run them. Need I say more?

The VF2s will not last as long, or so i am told, but they do deliver slightly more rpm on top.

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    He didn't say to use Boyesen reeds, he said to use VF3's .
    And I was saying that I most likely can't get VF3's for my ski. In the event I can't get them, I will go with Boyesen.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    VF3's are $540 for a set, does that sound right?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information