Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    sweetbats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Glen Allen, VA
    Posts
    238

    Oil Catch can: manifold Bolts

    I did search first, but did not seem to find what I needed:

    I am installing the Riva Oil catch Can and they want it mounted to the exhaust manifold. I started to attempt to pull the manifold bolts and got nervous that I would strip them.

    Any tricks / tips on removing the bolts or would you just mount the catch can elsewhere?

    Thanks in advance!


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    I would mount the catch can just as the Riva instructions specify. The exhuast manifold bolts should come out easily.

  3. #3
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbats View Post
    I did search first, but did not seem to find what I needed:

    I am installing the Riva Oil catch Can and they want it mounted to the exhaust manifold. I started to attempt to pull the manifold bolts and got nervous that I would strip them.

    Any tricks / tips on removing the bolts or would you just mount the catch can elsewhere?

    Thanks in advance!
    Yep, no problem mounting it there. The manifold bolts come out easy and go back in easy. Just don't overtighten them when putting them back in and no loctite.

  4. #4
    sweetbats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Glen Allen, VA
    Posts
    238
    Thanks guys. I don't think I overtightened them, I tried to get them just as they were to remove.

    However, I did use blue Loctite, per the Riva instructions. Hope that doesn't mess anything up....

  5. #5
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbats View Post
    Thanks guys. I don't think I overtightened them, I tried to get them just as they were to remove.

    However, I did use blue Loctite, per the Riva instructions. Hope that doesn't mess anything up....
    you will be fine. after you go out the first time i would just re check them to be sure are tight as just like the rest of the bolts on the ski after reinstalling and first use.

  6. #6
    Big K's son KeithKman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,735
    I mounted mine in the front by the battery. Either way works.

  7. #7
    no engine elbchecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    I mounted mine in the front by the battery. Either way works.
    I mount mine there!
    Now, i am a litle bit nervous. Because, after 2-3 hours, the catch can is 1/3 full

    Is this normal, or only a bad position?

  8. #8
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by elbchecker View Post
    I mount mine there!
    Now, i am a litle bit nervous. Because, after 2-3 hours, the catch can is 1/3 full
    Is this normal, or only a bad position?
    Yep, that is normal...with your mods. I get about 1/4 cup per tank of gas. Great to have it going to the can instead of into the intake like before.

  9. #9
    no engine elbchecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Yep, that is normal...with your mods. I get about 1/4 cup per tank of gas. Great to have it going to the can instead of into the intake like before.
    Good to know. Now, i can sleep better!

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I would mount the catch can just as the Riva instructions specify. The exhuast manifold bolts should come out easily.
    I tried this one yesterday.. saltwater had corroded the bolt away and I couldn't get it off.. Is there a tool that could help me on this one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oil catch can to intake
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
  2. MY RXT oil catch can picture
    By amirmiz in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 10:34 AM
  3. PCV breather/oil catch can
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM
  4. oil catch can
    By rxpblast in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 10:37 PM
  5. oil catch can?
    By PAINKILLER in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •