Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6

    XS IC no rpm Gain but lots of accelleration

    Quick question on the XS IC. This thing works awesome IMO. However a couple quick questions. I only gained 50 rpm from this install at best, BUT I gained HUGE accelleration and now I pull my prop from the gate to top end no more struggling to pull it before it would pull7700 the creep to 8100 now it bangs the limiter out of the gate and settles right on 8100 VERY impressed with this. However I thought I would gain more RPM from it I was sitting 8100 before the install now Im 8100 to 8150 after. I checked the SC outlet pipe HOT but the TB inlet cool enough to touch.

    Next question is I am purchasing a sc with metal washers and green wheel with 41lb injectors. Will that be safe with my XS IC or do I need a RRFPR too?

    Also maybe a 4" intake?
    Last edited by turbojamie; 08-24-2008 at 08:04 PM.


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    Chances are you're on the limiter. The 42# injectors have proven on most people's skis to be enough to handle the XS, a custom intake, and a green charger. You'll want a 15/20R once you add the supercharger upgrade.

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    The 42's will be find for the Green Wheel, I would definately upgrade to a 4" setup....

  4. #4
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    50 rpm's is exactly what I have gotten with the xs on a stock ski. However on a modded ski it will be a bigger difference. Also with the warmer water the IC is not as effective as it would be with cooler water. The acceleration is the biggest thing.
    yes, the 42s with that set up will be fine.

  5. #5
    Ridin' the Rancocas 04RXP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mt. Laurel, NJ
    Posts
    2,722
    Remember you are also running a stock ECU....

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    Fizzle is right, you need more prop.

    Also, the fastest stock ECU setups use the Riva S3 charger, XS Intercooler, and 42lb injectors. A couple guys got over 80 like that.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Fizzle is right, you need more prop.

    Also, the fastest stock ECU setups use the Riva S3 charger, XS Intercooler, and 42lb injectors. A couple guys got over 80 like that.
    I'm really green at this still but how can I be on the rev limiter at 8150 its not missing at all like its hitting the limiter just steadily pulls 8100 and sometimes flashes 8150, but it doesn't bump the limiter at all doing 1/2 mile WOT passes across the lake. Just want to be sure what is needed before I spend more $

    I really gained a ton of accelleration and response with it I am most happy about that. The lack of RPM was just a question of why as I expected to be bumping the limiter with that IC on there during a WOT pass.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    I'm really green at this still but how can I be on the rev limiter at 8150 its not missing at all like its hitting the limiter just steadily pulls 8100 and sometimes flashes 8150, but it doesn't bump the limiter at all doing 1/2 mile WOT passes across the lake. Just want to be sure what is needed before I spend more $.
    No need to spend more money. Just tweak the trailing edge of the prop 1-2 mm yourself.

    The rev limiter on this these ski's are "soft" limiters. It starts cutting individual power strokes as-needed at around 8150 and as the rpm increases, it cuts more and more. I've been as high as 8250 rpm when severely overpowering a prop. I hear you can go higher still when free-reving it.

    When I installed the AEM F/IC and open exhaust on my turbo ski, the rev limiter became much more obvious and evident. It starts cutting cylinders the instant the tach flashes 8150.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    No need to spend more money. Just tweak the trailing edge of the prop 1-2 mm yourself.

    The rev limiter on this these ski's are "soft" limiters. It starts cutting individual power strokes as-needed at around 8150 and as the rpm increases, it cuts more and more. I've been as high as 8250 rpm when severely overpowering a prop. I hear you can go higher still when free-reving it.

    When I installed the AEM F/IC and open exhaust on my turbo ski, the rev limiter became much more obvious and evident. It starts cutting cylinders the instant the tach flashes 8150.

    So should I be tweaking for like 8100 or 8000? or??? Right now it will sit on 8100-8150 for the most part across the lake.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    I personally shoot for 8050-8100, with 8150 never showing up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 12:08 PM
  2. FS whats it worth?? 05 ultra 150 hull damaged but lots of good parts
    By vettez062002 in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 01:33 PM
  3. Size of fixing boltsin xs ic
    By R88ory RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 01:44 PM
  4. loss RPM's but gain hook up in chop
    By Tanny in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 03:14 PM
  5. VF3 Reeds yielded no RPM gain for me
    By MPower in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •