Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

XS IC no rpm Gain but lots of accelleration

Quick question on the XS IC. This thing works awesome IMO. However a couple quick questions. I only gained 50 rpm from this install at best, BUT I gained HUGE accelleration and now I pull my prop from the gate to top end no more struggling to pull it before it would pull7700 the creep to 8100 now it bangs the limiter out of the gate and settles right on 8100 VERY impressed with this. However I thought I would gain more RPM from it I was sitting 8100 before the install now Im 8100 to 8150 after. I checked the SC outlet pipe HOT but the TB inlet cool enough to touch.

Next question is I am purchasing a sc with metal washers and green wheel with 41lb injectors. Will that be safe with my XS IC or do I need a RRFPR too?

Also maybe a 4" intake?
    Last edited by turbojamie; 08-24-2008 at 08:04 PM.

+1
    Chances are you're on the limiter. The 42# injectors have proven on most people's skis to be enough to handle the XS, a custom intake, and a green charger. You'll want a 15/20R once you add the supercharger upgrade.

Banned User
    +1
    The 42's will be find for the Green Wheel, I would definately upgrade to a 4" setup....

+1
    50 rpm's is exactly what I have gotten with the xs on a stock ski. However on a modded ski it will be a bigger difference. Also with the warmer water the IC is not as effective as it would be with cooler water. The acceleration is the biggest thing.
    yes, the 42s with that set up will be fine.

Remember you are also running a stock ECU....

+1
    Fizzle is right, you need more prop.

Also, the fastest stock ECU setups use the Riva S3 charger, XS Intercooler, and 42lb injectors. A couple guys got over 80 like that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Fizzle is right, you need more prop.

Also, the fastest stock ECU setups use the Riva S3 charger, XS Intercooler, and 42lb injectors. A couple guys got over 80 like that.
    I'm really green at this still but how can I be on the rev limiter at 8150 its not missing at all like its hitting the limiter just steadily pulls 8100 and sometimes flashes 8150, but it doesn't bump the limiter at all doing 1/2 mile WOT passes across the lake. Just want to be sure what is needed before I spend more $

I really gained a ton of accelleration and response with it I am most happy about that. The lack of RPM was just a question of why as I expected to be bumping the limiter with that IC on there during a WOT pass.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    I'm really green at this still but how can I be on the rev limiter at 8150 its not missing at all like its hitting the limiter just steadily pulls 8100 and sometimes flashes 8150, but it doesn't bump the limiter at all doing 1/2 mile WOT passes across the lake. Just want to be sure what is needed before I spend more $.
    No need to spend more money. Just tweak the trailing edge of the prop 1-2 mm yourself.

The rev limiter on this these ski's are "soft" limiters. It starts cutting individual power strokes as-needed at around 8150 and as the rpm increases, it cuts more and more. I've been as high as 8250 rpm when severely overpowering a prop. I hear you can go higher still when free-reving it.

When I installed the AEM F/IC and open exhaust on my turbo ski, the rev limiter became much more obvious and evident. It starts cutting cylinders the instant the tach flashes 8150.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    No need to spend more money. Just tweak the trailing edge of the prop 1-2 mm yourself.

The rev limiter on this these ski's are "soft" limiters. It starts cutting individual power strokes as-needed at around 8150 and as the rpm increases, it cuts more and more. I've been as high as 8250 rpm when severely overpowering a prop. I hear you can go higher still when free-reving it.

When I installed the AEM F/IC and open exhaust on my turbo ski, the rev limiter became much more obvious and evident. It starts cutting cylinders the instant the tach flashes 8150.

So should I be tweaking for like 8100 or 8000? or??? Right now it will sit on 8100-8150 for the most part across the lake.

+1
    I personally shoot for 8050-8100, with 8150 never showing up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information