Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1999 GP1200 Engine Full of Water

Hey,

Got a huge problem. My sister and mother just flooded my jetski. I have water in carburetor/engine.

I know not to keep the plugs in when trying to turn it on. Now the rest i have no clue. i try to turn it on and well it won't boot so it can pump out the water on its one. i've used a compressor in the plugs port to pump out some of the water but its not as powerful as the jetski its self.

I'd love some help. Thank you soo much!

I would pull the pulse lines and pull the plugs, turn over the ski multiple times. Now put the pulse lines back on and plugs in. Now try to start it. Oh make sure the electrical box is dry.

+1
    Like Kris said pump it till all the water out and start that thing on the hose and let ir run turn the water flow down so it gets a little warm you want to gat all that water out of there. do it again over the next few days.

+1
    why won't it turn over
    is the batery flat or has the lock code been activated by the batery being covered in water
    or is the engine already seized

kev

+1
    Check your fuse in the electrical box. When you hit the start button what does it do, nothing at all?

correct nothing im grabbing another battery thats fresh hopefully it is the battery because i know its drained now :/ i got like 80% of the water out

I checked the fuse and its ok :/ but no clicking. I hooked the jetski to my car to boost it and still doesnt turn over

Alright guys, i got it all out and heated. I cant go right now to the lake to ride it for a while but it starts up amazing now better then before!

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow on the lake. Thank you very much for all your help!!

You guys are AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear everything is good. Again if you need anymore help just give me a call..

Alright guys,

I took the jetski into the water. Started up right away no problems. Let it idle for a few and no problems didn't choke and die. Then I took it slower out into the middle still good and then gave it middle throtle and then full and it went extremly well! I ran it for about 45mins on the water brought it back and opened it up check all the lines and hull to see if there is water DRY! I checked the compression of the valves and I'm @ 100psi on all 3 cycs. I'm not 100% sure what the required amount is for this jetski but I'm going to have to check tonight.

Other then that it went extremly well! I'm really happy.Thank you all for your amazing help. A very big thanks to Kris! Your amazing! If any of you are ever in Toronto let me know. If your into the nightclub scene I work in the clubs so ill take you out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information