Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 questions to answer please

96 waveraider 700:
    i would like to replace all the fuel lines on the ski, can i just by some of the clear vinyl tuning from lowes so long as it is the same diameter or does it have to be a special type tubing?

also- this is my first winter with this ski, what is the proper way to winterize it. i live in TN, so it gets down in the teens/single digits in the winter. thanks

+1
    I will answer the first question. No, you need line that is made for fuel. Here is a link http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...%20Fuel%20Line

yes and no

yes there is a special rubber designed for use with fuel, otherwise the gas will eat through the line and may end up depositing plastic/rubber into the carbs, nozzles, or pistons (not good).

NO,
    dont buy riva's parts they are expensive. if your useing pump gas intended for cars then auto zone fuel lines with the same diameter (or larger for better delivery just insure there is no leaks) will work just fine, and you dont have to wait for shipping.

yeh, but neon yellow looks so much better than regular rubber
    I got mine from merlin at http://www.fuellines.biz/ the 20' leaves about 2' spare one you've finished a raider.

I just did all mine with tygon and to do it correctly you need 3 dif sizes

Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    yeh, but neon yellow looks so much better than regular rubber
    I got mine from merlin at http://www.fuellines.biz/ the 20' leaves about 2' spare one you've finished a raider.
    Yep I have the same stuff

thanks for all the answers on the first question, but what about winterizing this ski? thanks

Not to jump into your thread here with questions of my own, but when I was rebuilding my carbs, I replaced the lines that run between the carbs (hey, why not, right?) with some fuel line I bought from Lowes (marine stores I checked around here didn't have the diameter I needed). It specifically said it was made to handle fuel. It is technically clear and vinyl I think, but since it specifically said it was made to handle fuel I thought it would be fine.

Was I wrong?

winterizing, ???? i dont know, i live in the florida keys winter never happens here. BUT i would throw some STABIL in the tank and idle the ski for a few mins. that will keep the gas from varnishing over, especially in those new fuel lines.

in response to useing clear fuel lines, as long as it says it is made for use with fuel your good.

+1

winterizing

Lucky for all of you that don't have to put away the ski for winter. Up here though, it's kinda unavoidable

So to winterize, I suggest you put some fuel stabilizer in the tank and take it out for a ride, to let it run through the fuel system / carbs.

When you get back and get it on the trailer, start it up, take some fogging oil and spray it down the intake (into the carbs) until it chokes it. As it's sputtering either kill it or choke it completely with the fogging oil. Don't let it run too long out of the water.

Take out the plugs and spray fogging oil down the cylinders. It helps if you can turn them over to try and coat the cylinders thoroughly (either with the starter or try and turn the output shaft) - make sure the lanyard is off though!! Put back the plugs & boots, and if you're keeping it outside or in a somewhat moist environment, spray the engine with the fogging oil to protect it for the winter.

HTH,

Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information