Is 2008 250x governed...

I got beat by two seadoo pwc's. one is my buddy's and it is a 2006 RXT and the other guys ski was a 2008 gtx. I get to about 30 mph and the ski cuts out for a second and then it catches and don't know what's going on. they are both 215 HP skis and I don't get it. I think my top speed is only in the lower 60's. it seems to stay consistant to about 60 and then the speedometer just jumps around. I haven't put a gps reading on it but i could swear I maybe saw 70 once. I weigh about 270 and they are about the same weight as me. also I have some other issues that I could not find addressed anywhere. I was rescuing our boat after the lake rose 2 feet overnight and it floated out of our shorestation. while trying to find it i ran over some rocks buried in the water and it chipped the outer shell. The fiberglass wasn't damaged but the gelcoat was. the local dealer wants to charge me about$1500 to fix. How can I fix this myself and where can I find the supplies and instruction to do so?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Forum................

Post some pics so we came see the extent of the damage....... If there is signicant damage I wouldnt ride it till you know the extent of the damage.....

Average top speed is anywhere from 64ish to 68ish, depending on riding position, riding condtions, elevation, temp and humidity, fuel levels etc...........

Best bet is to get a GPS and pay attention to the above factors............

+1
    If your ski "cuts out" for a second at 30 mph then is sounds like you have some kind of problem. the 250 hits hard at that speed.

This site will tell u about everything..

most initial problems are either supercharger related or exhaust related. You need to check all hoses and clamps, belt tension, Buy a BOV block off on the online store (link is upper right of homepage) to ensure your blowoff isnt leaking like most of them do. check OIL level. make sure your engine is level and if oil shows up high on the dipstick take some out. If i were you i would make sure i had a do-it-yourself oil extractor pump. like 50 bucks. anytime your oil level starts rising change your oil too.

First things - check your oil level. overfilled oil will get into your intercooler and make it sluggish among other things.

+1

30mph

Hey Sam,

Make sure you don't have water in your hull. Mine did something similar and I did a "what the heck" better check my supercharger belt for slippage and one of my hull plugs was loose enough that it allowed water in. When I accelerated, the bow comes up, water goes back and hits the supercharger pulley, and viola, slippage. Pulled the plugs, ran it to speed for a few minutes to drain, quickly screwed the plugs back down and she was good to go.

Steve

+1
    Check that air horn on the air box.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftrader View Post
    Hey Sam,

Make sure you don't have water in your hull. Mine did something similar and I did a "what the heck" better check my supercharger belt for slippage and one of my hull plugs was loose enough that it allowed water in. When I accelerated, the bow comes up, water goes back and hits the supercharger pulley, and viola, slippage. Pulled the plugs, ran it to speed for a few minutes to drain, quickly screwed the plugs back down and she was good to go.

Steve

+1 i have had that happen also. Nice call

Thread Information