Another Intake Grate Question

I had to epoxy one of the 2 pump shoe bolt inserts as it was slipping in the pump shoe. While fitting the Riva intake back on I noticed that the front of the grate sat flush with the intake tunnel but the rear did not sit flush with the hull or the ride plate.The pump shoe inserts would not go in any further and protruded about a little more than 1/8. I decided to grind down the inserts a little and it helped a little but the rear of the intake grate sits still about a little more than 1/8 from being flush with the ride plate and the hull. Am I to loose any speed due to this? Am I having a potential pump shoe issue? Is there any way to true the rear of the grate to the hull and ride plate? Or should I simply install the grate and silicone the edges. Do I use blue or red loctite and what's the torque values in US Standards for the mounting bolts, someone sent these to me but it was metric. Thanks for the help guys.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    This is normal for the RXT/GTX platform(mine does it too *sigh* ) it is best to only remove material from the top(outside) surface of the grate if you remove from the bottom(inside) is makes the bolt bosses thinner and can weaken the grate.

Thanks Darth Hope you are feeling much better and that your GTX is coming along fine.

We all have this problem with the RXT and the Riva grate. The Riva one fits worse then the stock one. I remove come from the pump support area like you did, but I took most from the bottom of the grate to try to get it flush. I got it close but you won't be able to get it perfectly flush like the RXP can.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Thanks Darth Hope you are feeling much better and that your GTX is coming along fine.
    The only thing I've done with the GTX so far is check for Hydrolock(no water in cylinders, thank goodness) and then fog the enigine to preven rusting.

Thread Information