Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    no engine elbchecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    129

    Need help with C-KIT (low boost)

    Last weekend i was riding 78.1 mph @ 8400-8500. But i have not much pressure in the manifold, only 12 psi

    What is the problem?
    -maybe the 3" airintake? (nextime i will change to 4")
    -or a bad measuring point for the gauge? (here some pics)

    Thanks for help
    patrick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	134 001.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	90764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	134 002.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	90765  


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by elbchecker View Post
    Last weekend i was riding 78.1 mph @ 8400-8500. But i have not much pressure in the manifold, only 12 psi

    What is the problem?
    -maybe the 3" airintake? (nextime i will change to 4")
    -or a bad measuring point for the gauge? (here some pics)

    Thanks for help
    patrick


    BOTH!!!

    - 4" before you go out, you are STARVING that C-kit...
    - Measure the boost at the IC Block Off, on the front of the manifold...

  3. #3
    DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    41
    Also have you checked the slip on your C kit ?

  4. #4
    no engine elbchecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Also have you checked the slip on your C kit ?
    Its new. Only 10 hours in warm up and 1 hour open.

  5. #5
    DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    41
    Bigbuck and someone else here had problems with the slip on their new C kits with less time on them than yours. Maybe Jerry will chime in, I believe he shimmed BBs C kit.






    Quote Originally Posted by elbchecker View Post
    Its new. Only 10 hours in warm up and 1 hour open.

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by elbchecker View Post
    Its new. Only 10 hours in warm up and 1 hour open.
    10 hours? Check the slip on it. I bet it's time for a shim

  7. #7
    no engine elbchecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    BOTH!!!

    - 4" before you go out, you are STARVING that C-kit...
    - Measure the boost at the IC Block Off, on the front of the manifold...
    Thanks,
    4" is ordered

  8. #8
    no engine elbchecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    10 hours? Check the slip on it. I bet it's time for a shim
    I run the first 9hours under 6500 rmp.
    OK, i will check it. Thanks for the tip.
    Where i can found the tolerances?

  9. #9
    no engine elbchecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by elbchecker View Post
    Thanks,
    4" is ordered
    WOW, that was fast! 4" Sleeve and Filter arrived. THANKS, JERRY

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by elbchecker View Post
    WOW, that was fast! 4" Sleeve and Filter arrived. THANKS, JERRY
    You're welcome and thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. need help with primer kit
    By Islandrida92 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 07:37 PM
  2. Need help with low compression
    By jasonstang88 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 10:06 PM
  3. need help with Riva Endurance kit
    By inchadeboca in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 06:35 AM
  4. Hey Guy's need help with Boost Gauge sender
    By somefun in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
  5. Need help with pump issue
    By Flyer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •