+1
    This ougth to be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    This ougth to be interesting...

+1 lol

That's easy, Just ask the Tampa Crew

+1
    Carbs

To make this a more interesting thread, instead of just stating your preference, state why also..
    Ill begin..... Efi obviously.

Number one reason- Literally maintenance free. No jets to get partially clogged, no diaphragms to tear of leak, no manual fuel pumps to leak or quit, no primer or choke system necessary, no rubber fuel lines with clamps going all over creation to leak and split....

Number two--- Tuneability... No up or down jetting for altitude or temp changes, and no mid or hi speed adjustment screws, which you cant get to, to try and adjust.. the EFI computer does that for you. Add an EFI controller and the 2 second twist of a dial does the same as a 2 hour jet change

Number three-- Precision fuel metering. Im sure some carb guys will debate this but EFI is far superior in its fuel metering capabilities. Thats exactly why cars lost their carburetors 2 decades ago, for more precise fuel metering, which allows for more control over emissions..

Number four--- Having a running problem and dont know where to start diagnosing? EFI gives you codes.. Doesnt always help but does more often than not.

Total top end horsepower? I think we are pretty much equal there..

Last but not least, carbs are ugly as hell, leak, stink, always needing adjustments somewhere, and my Sonic Boom throttle bodies kick ass in the cosmetic department, and are literally maintenence free. Zero failures to date on any of the sets i have made for everyone on this forum...

And of course im bias..... Haha
    Ross

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffride View Post
    That's easy, Just ask the Tampa Crew
    efi all the way. Carbs. are dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    To make this a more interesting thread, instead of just stating your preference, state why also..
    Ill begin..... Efi obviously.

Number one reason- Literally maintenance free. No jets to get partially clogged, no diaphragms to tear of leak, no manual fuel pumps to leak or quit, no primer or choke system necessary, no rubber fuel lines with clamps going all over creation to leak and split....

Number two--- Tuneability... No up or down jetting for altitude or temp changes, and no mid or hi speed adjustment screws, which you cant get to, to try and adjust.. the EFI computer does that for you. Add an EFI controller and the 2 second twist of a dial does the same as a 2 hour jet change

Number three-- Precision fuel metering. Im sure some carb guys will debate this but EFI is far superior in its fuel metering capabilities. Thats exactly why cars lost their carburetors 2 decades ago, for more precise fuel metering, which allows for more control over emissions..

Number four--- Having a running problem and dont know where to start diagnosing? EFI gives you codes.. Doesnt always help but does more often than not.

Total top end horsepower? I think we are pretty much equal there..

Last but not least, carbs are ugly as hell, leak, stink, always needing adjustments somewhere, and my Sonic Boom throttle bodies kick ass in the cosmetic department, and are literally maintenence free. Zero failures to date on any of the sets i have made for everyone on this forum...

And of course im bias..... Haha
    Ross
    ++++10

i had a gpr with 48 novi ...they hit hard but will never change my efi...setup

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information