Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: no power

no power

if i idle for a very long time 1 to 1 1/2 hres i will have a big no power a big miss it will take a couple of try before the power came back.

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Where are you Idling your Boat for an Hour or more? A massive Wake Zone?

i know you will ask that its a family boat the baby sleep at the same time i am fishing . by the way i thinks i realy a heat problem because if i let the blower fan on it a lot better.any advise

+1
    Yea, it prob. is a Heat thing. The Motor, IC, everything in there is prob. Heat Soaked.

I see you have upgraded your IC to an External, and you have an upgraded SC Wheel. Did you install upgraded Injectors as well? Just a thought, if you did, you might be Fouling them out from being Idle for so long. Then as you try to drive, it clears up and they are ok.

Another thing you could try is opening the Engine Hatch for a little bit while you are Idling, let the Air circulate in there and let ALOT more of the Heat out than the Blower can.

If all else fails, order up the lower Temp Thermostat.

When I removed the resonators, apparently I didn't reconnect the exhaust hoses too well. As I was opening up, suddenly big power loss and rpms wouldn't go over 6k. Was certain I f-d up a supercharger. Opened up the hatch and saw that exhaust was leaking into bay and had suffocated the engines. Reconnected properly and smooth since.

Any chance you have a little leak that is building up & suffocating? No doubt Duramaxx is right with the fresh air & thermostat ans. Anyone with an avitar model like that knows about heat!

My first thought was an exhaust leak, too...

Idling doesn't give you much circulation. If you have an exhaust leak it can cause exactly the symptoms you are describing. I'd start with that.

o.k so its probably heat soak my injector are stock by the way my a/f are at 11.8 at full throtle 8150-8200 very close to the rev limiter .any way to get more air under the hood

fresh air ideas

Some ideas: use kanaflex 620 to get your intake closer to the side vents (but it extends the length of intake), punch some holes for flow-rites, upgrade your vent fans, don't put in the black plastic "tray" that sits over the engine compartment under your hatch . . . heat will rise & the two hatch lids are far from air-tight. You could even keep those hatches open a little bit.

+1
    You could see if you have any good Flat & Dry spots for the Flo-Rites ( http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=504 ) and let the Heat naturally rise and come out through them.

i will go to a boat warehouse tomorow and try to find something nice and may cheap.anyway if it doesn't cure everything it will help for shure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information