Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SHO Mirrors

+1

SHO Mirrors

Be sure you take your SHO in to your dealer for warranty work on the hood and mirror problem. I took mine by today and they finally admitted they were having others with the same problem! The service people took pics and was going to show it to the area rep. It has now got to the point of rubbing paint off on several areas and instrument panel damge to upper housing..I also had rivets that were not properly seated..
    I got tired of looking at the paint rubs and chatter noise. Unless you take it in they will not overall do much. One reason I DID take it in is because I know that if we do this collectively we will all benefit.

BTW, I was really disappointed this weekend. I took it out on the lake at 8:00 am to open her up finally and all I got on my gps was 61.3mph full tank, low wind..and that was with a very small chop. It also doesn't seem to stay hooked up well unless your below the 1/2 tank level even using different trim modes and that's with me sitting way back on the seat.

Anyone had any good results with the Riva intake grate?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Be sure you take your SHO in to your dealer for warranty work on the hood and mirror problem. I took mine by today and they finally admitted they were having others with the same problem! The service people took pics and was going to show it to the area rep. It has now got to the point of rubbing paint off on several areas and instrument panel damge to upper housing..I also had rivets that were not properly seated..
    I got tired of looking at the paint rubs and chatter noise. Unless you take it in they will not overall do much. One reason I DID take it in is because I know that if we do this collectively we will all benefit.

BTW, I was really disappointed this weekend. I took it out on the lake at 8:00 am to open her up finally and all I got on my gps was 61.3mph full tank, low wind..and that was with a very small chop. It also doesn't seem to stay hooked up well unless your below the 1/2 tank level even using different trim modes and that's with me sitting way back on the seat.

Anyone had any good results with the Riva intake grate?
    thats not very good, what was the water / air temps? Thats the slowest one I have heard of...

Jim

+1
    You got that right. The temp at that time in the morning was about 95 and the water temp was showing 85degrees!~

I have seen those speeds in 6 inch chop and 90 degrees. move to smoother water and I pick up 4-5 mph.
    My GPS graph shows a lot of ups and downs when I do a hole shot to WOT. ME thinks I am captivating terribly...

By the way, I have a Riva grate on the way, wrong one shipped, Oops...
    Last edited by SHOBiz; 08-25-2008 at 10:19 PM.

+1
    Do you have access to try a different GPS unit? How many hours on the ski? Something is definitely odd.

I don't get it. I have my second SHO Cruiser now (the first one went backt to the dealer due to damaged deliverance) and I have no problems at all with the mirrors.
    They are standard equipped with rubber pieces to absorb any play...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beam View Post
    I don't get it. I have my second SHO Cruiser now (the first one went backt to the dealer due to damaged deliverance) and I have no problems at all with the mirrors.
    They are standard equipped with rubber pieces to absorb any play...
    Do the mirrors come already on the skis? Or is it a dealer assembly problem?

The mirrors seem to be aligned off center witht the black instrument panel housing. The right side has more space than the left so it jumps up and down and has no contact with the rubber sponges. Others have had this problem also.

This is a brand new Rhino 530hcx garmin...my dealer mentioned that there is a 4-5mph difference sometimes with gps and radar gun. I am planning on checking my air filter today but the oil level has been dead on center of the lines perfect!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Do the mirrors come already on the skis? Or is it a dealer assembly problem?

The mirrors seem to be aligned off center witht the black instrument panel housing. The right side has more space than the left so it jumps up and down and has no contact with the rubber sponges. Others have had this problem also.

This is a brand new Rhino 530hcx garmin...my dealer mentioned that there is a 4-5mph difference sometimes with gps and radar gun. I am planning on checking my air filter today but the oil level has been dead on center of the lines perfect!
    I have heard of 1 to 2 mph difference, never 4-5. 4-5 sounds like he is talking from speedometer to gps...

Jim

+1
    Still not good..I'll be at the Colorado River this weekend and I can get plenty of glass back up in the canyon area with wide-open runs...I'll keep checking...the water should be much colder up in there...50 degrees up behind Hoover where we are going. Could my intercooler already be clogged? Haven't put my screen on yet. Prop looks good....

+1
    Are you taking the current of the river into account? You'll need to make a run up river and a run down and average the two. Do this a couple of times.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information