PTO housing prying lugs

Does anybody know where on the PTO housing these are located? Where to put the flat head screwdriver to pry the PTO housing away from the engine? Can't find any drawing showing them in the shop manual. 05 RXP.
    Thanks
    T C

Its a bit of a pain if the motor is in the ski. Did you remove the rear mounts ?? Be patient and try to use plastic pry bars.

+1
    Make damn sure you have EVERY bolt loose before getting aggressive

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Make damn sure you have EVERY bolt loose before getting aggressive
    For sure... the bolts you don't think need to be removed... do need to be removed.

Tom, here are a couple of pics that may help:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00512.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	90911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00513.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	90912  

Jeff, I removed 21 bolts. It looks as if there are 23 holes in that PTO housing. Maybe I need to find 2 more to remove. Yes, I have removed the left rear engine support. Might have to remove the right rear support as well. The reason I'm doing this is my SC inside ball bearings seem to be unaccounted for. 8 ball bearings that I can't find in the scavenger pump screen where I found pieces of the bearing cage. I took off the valve cover and everything looks good there. Did not remove head yet. Am hoping that those 8 little ball bearings are in the PTO housing as opposed to somewhere in the crankcase or cylinders. The ski was making a bit of a weird noise then abruptly stopped. Tried twice to start it then Jim (OU812) towed me in (again). Been taking it real slow tearing this thing apart. Kind of fearing what I may find, I guess. Going to have to at least lift the motor out even if I find all the bearings in the PTO housing as I have a stripped exhaust manifold bolt head that I have to drill out. Lower one, of course. Thanks for the help guys and for the pictures, Jeff. Any poker run this year?
    T C

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    if you have all the bolts out a tap with a soft hammer on the oil filter housing is all that it needs any more force and you have missed something.

Thanks, Jason. Got it out but so far can only find 1 1/2 of the 8 missing ball bearings. Will keep looking but have a bad feeling on this. Trying to think of any other places they could hide. Hopefully not in cylinders or crankcase. Did not find any in the oil I pumped out or the oil that spilled in hull from pto.
    T C

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clarke View Post
    Thanks, Jason. Got it out but so far can only find 1 1/2 of the 8 missing ball bearings. Will keep looking but have a bad feeling on this. Trying to think of any other places they could hide. Hopefully not in cylinders or crankcase. Did not find any in the oil I pumped out or the oil that spilled in hull from pto.
    T C

There will be some in the front oil pump for sure.Make sure you check out your oil pumps for damage too.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    as above pull front pump which is very easy and then there is a screen in there and then you can flush and blow out the 2 transfer passages that go between the 2 pumps there is usually bits sitting in there.
    There is no way balls can get into crank area so you should find them in the 2 housings.
    Not suck to the flywheel magnets?
    Have a good feel around the pto housing area with a magnet as there are lots of little nooks and holes with oil sitting in them for bits to hide.

Only found 1 1/2 balls in the pto housing. Already removed the scavenger screen but will next remove the scavenger pump and will hopefully find the remaining 6 1/2 balls. I will definitely use a magnetic p/u tool. Maybe I can dodge a bullet and not have to rebuild the engine. Thanks for everone's help.
    T C

Thread Information