SHO + Loadrite trailer problem?

A friend of mine and I bought a pair of SHOs this year. Both came set up identically with loadrite trialers. Last week while cleaning his my friend noticed several scratches on the bottom of the hull. He called me up and I checked mine and found several scratches on the bottom of mine as well, right where the ski rides on the bunkers. We unloaded both skis this weekend and his carpet on the bunkers is already split and mine is just before splitting. I have less than 15hrs on my ski.
    Both of us are a bit fanatical about keeping our equipment in pristine condition so having the bottom of the hull scratched up kind of ticks us off. Especially considering what these things cost.
    Is anyone else having problems with Loadrite in particular or the SHOs being hard on trailers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarnette View Post
    A friend of mine and I bought a pair of SHOs this year. Both came set up identically with loadrite trialers. Last week while cleaning his my friend noticed several scratches on the bottom of the hull. He called me up and I checked mine and found several scratches on the bottom of mine as well, right where the ski rides on the bunkers. We unloaded both skis this weekend and his carpet on the bunkers is already split and mine is just before splitting. I have less than 15hrs on my ski.
    Both of us are a bit fanatical about keeping our equipment in pristine condition so having the bottom of the hull scratched up kind of ticks us off. Especially considering what these things cost.
    Is anyone else having problems with Loadrite in particular or the SHOs being hard on trailers?
    A buddy of mine had something similar happen on his kawi 15f. He went from his single trailer to a double (both loadrites) and scratched up bottom of the hull. Found out the bunks needed more adjusting.

go to home depot or lowes and get carpeting instead of that cheap cloth they come with! i have the same problem with a continental trailer!

+1
    I had a similar problem due to improper placement of the bunks. You'll want to make sure they are sitting between the chines and are as flat as possible against the hull. My carpet is in good shape and it was still scratching the hull because it was riding on the edge of the bunk.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70603

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sbarnette View Post
    In the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine they talk to the owner of Mycro trailers about trailer bunk wear and how to repair the carpet. An easy trick to keep your ski from wearing on the bunks is to use spray on silicone or pam cooking spray. This keeps the hull scratch free and avoids burning the carpet on the bunks. Just make sure its tied down properly when towing or launching. He also said not to use more than 20oz outdoor carpeting on the bunks b/c the higher grade stuff will damage your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by krenzema View Post
    In the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine they talk to the owner of Mycro trailers about trailer bunk wear and how to repair the carpet. An easy trick to keep your ski from wearing on the bunks is to use spray on silicone or pam cooking spray. This keeps the hull scratch free and avoids burning the carpet on the bunks. Just make sure its tied down properly when towing or launching. He also said not to use more than 20oz outdoor carpeting on the bunks b/c the higher grade stuff will damage your hull.
    Boaters Worlds carrie it under the brand "Liquid Rollers" and let me tell you something, it works. We put some on the carpet Sunday and you can't keep the ski up on the bunks when retrieving. As soon as I kill the engine the ski slides off of the trailer. On the other hand, I can pull the ski to the post by hand. The difference is amazing.
    My dealer has offered to replace the bunks with TFE ones and to buff the scratches out so I am still a happy Yamaha owner.

Steve
    Last edited by sbarnette; 08-27-2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: my spelling sux

Thread Information