Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

stage 3 sc vs. external i/c

Okay i have a 2005 gtx sc and i am going to mod this winter. This ski is all rec and was wondering if I should order the s3 sc or a external intercooler. I am going to get the things listed in my sig. Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks, Dylan

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Demon View Post
    Okay i have a 2005 gtx sc and i am going to mod this winter. This ski is all rec and was wondering if I should order the s3 sc or a external intercooler. I am going to get the things listed in my sig. Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks, Dylan

Go with the IC, because the S3 charger is made to run at higher RPM's than your 185hp ski can turn...

I suggest also Riva's Flame Arrestor Removal kit (used on the RXP/T-X's)...

Banned User

Thanks, Dylan
    an aftermarket IC is really a must with anything above a greenwheel.. yes, you can run without it but you won't see the true potiental of the SC. You can get a quality kit from jfizzle for under $500.00, my vote would be save till you can afford both to get the best results.

I wish i could afford both now. I didnt think that my ski could handle both... I am turning 7550 stock, wouldnt that put me on the limiter if i ran both? I am going to have the 13/20r in the ski when i mod.

Just get the external ic for now. It will be the biggest gain besides an ecu. The 185hp skis have no intercooler so if you add an external one wich is alot botter then the stock brp one the rxt and rxp have , you will see a boost in accelartion and probaly 1-2mph on top. Those were my results when i first installed the ic i got from jfizzler.

what is a flame arrestor? And what will it do to the ski performance wise if i remove it? Also will i need to do anything to the ski in order to run a external intercooler?

Thanks, Dylan

Banned User
    +1
    what is a flame arrestor? And what will it do to the ski performance wise if i remove it? Also will i need to do anything to the ski in order to run a external intercooler?

Thanks, Dylan

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=889

So its located in the intake manifold. Do all of the seadoos have them, if so why do they only have that for the x model? Will it fit in my ski though? 1 other thing what is the best boost gauge, i guess i want a digital one.

Thanks, Dylan

Banned User
    +1
    So its located in the intake manifold. Do all of the seadoos have them, if so why do they only have that for the x model? Will it fit in my ski though? 1 other thing what is the best boost gauge, i guess i want a digital one.

Thanks, Dylan

The 185hp and X models have this flame arrestor in the manifold. Once it is removed, you can tap the metal plug for a boost gauge...

Okay thanks. That big plastic tube that is hooked to the seat support can i get rid of that or is it important?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information