SHO Fuel line popped off

I know I have seen another post on this, but couldn't find it. I was riding today after some WOT runs and the SHO just dies. I tried to restart and all I got was a sputter. While sitting in the middle of the freaking lake, I took the seat off and looked around and found the fuel line had popped off the fuel rail. This may of may not have been related to the just installed air and exhaust mods. Who knows... Either way I am going to try to find a way to better secure the line to the fuel rail. 30 hours, no issues and then all of a sudden... Could be a coinsidence I guess...

Okay, I guess we'll talk vent lines instead
    Last edited by SHOBiz; 08-26-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Shobiz,

I did not have your problem but I was riding all day Sunday and aftr I got home I opened the gas cap and I heard a weird sucking sound. Turns out my gas tank started to colapse from negitive pressure inside it. It came back to its stock shape but I don't know why this happened. Or if it will haped again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by andygpr748 View Post
    Shobiz,

I did not have your problem but I was riding all day Sunday and aftr I got home I opened the gas cap and I heard a weird sucking sound. Turns out my gas tank started to colapse from negitive pressure inside it. It came back to its stock shape but I don't know why this happened. Or if it will haped again.
    Andy do a search on that, its happened to others, a vent or relief line gets pinched somewhere not allowing air to enter as fuel is removed....

Jim

+1
    I remember reading that one or two others have had this happen. I think it was caused by a kink in the ventilation hose.

The rigging and quality of the gas tank vent hose is poor. The hose is not
    supported properly and the vent line kinks. This happened on my SHO at 15 hrs. It will likely happen when the ski gets low on fuel. My gas tank was totally collapsed.

+1
    Shobiz,

Hi, It happened to our ski. Two things, the breather tube gets a kink in it down by the tank, and second our breather pipe was pinched under the reverse bracket up by the glove box.

Thanks guys I'll check later when I get out to the garage.

Oh ya, and by the way, I took the ski to the cabin this week and let the family ride it. They came back to shore and ran it right into the dock. Putting and huge gash in the hood. At least they didn't sink it. Anyone know where I can get touch up paint!

When I went to take off my manifold I checked my fuel line where it connects to the rail. Sure enough it clicked when I shoved it onto the rail. It was definitely not clicked on from the factory.

Shobiz,

Yeh, I let a friend ride my baby SHO and he ran it out of gas. Talk about negative pressure. When I opened the gas cap it sounded like a shop vac for about a minute. This was when it was new so it doesn't appear that any damage was done but I think I've learned my lesson and am not going to let anybody short of a close friend with a lot of riding experience ride my ski unless i'm on the back.

Thread Information