Buckshot reverse jetting.

Just looking at some of the settings that buckshot put down for the different motors, I couldnt help but wonder what was the purpose of the reverse jetting for the single pipe 1200.......and then to switch it back (non reverse\same carbs) with tripples.

Is it because the carbs natural weak signal that they wanted more fuel at the top end of the circuit? Mabey on topend the carbs are weaker than on bottom and the only way to compensate was reverse jetting? Thinking that tripples give better signal so reverse jetting was not needed.( although notice that they want a really low pop off pressure).

Just thinking out loud here, wondering what you guys take on this.

+1
    I have always wondered the logic of reverse jetting. My Polaris 785 triple with Redtops uses 120L 107.5H Popoff 20psi.. It must have to due to the signal with the annular discharge

i asked this question to andrew buck a few years ago about my buckshot 44's and he told me thats just the way the circuitry worked out and i found out on my own that the recommended jetting was very fat

Quote Originally Posted by jdog800 View Post
    Just looking at some of the settings that buckshot put down for the different motors, I couldnt help but wonder what was the purpose of the reverse jetting for the single pipe 1200.......and then to switch it back (non reverse\same carbs) with tripples.

Is it because the carbs natural weak signal that they wanted more fuel at the top end of the circuit? Mabey on topend the carbs are weaker than on bottom and the only way to compensate was reverse jetting? Thinking that tripples give better signal so reverse jetting was not needed.( although notice that they want a really low pop off pressure).

Just thinking out loud here, wondering what you guys take on this.

I want an explaination too.......Mark can you get my nike cutoffs on and explain!
    thanks

I hope i dont have to resort to the skinny (andrew bucky)!

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    it's because of the very weak signal from big carbs that have had the bombsight atomizer removed. Like redtops, blackjacks, and buckshots.

Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    it's because of the very weak signal from big carbs that have had the bombsight atomizer removed. Like redtops, blackjacks, and buckshots.
    Bit then why are they run normal with tripples.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    might be because triples idle at 2000 rpm and then it's either idle or blz to the wall..no midrange running.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    Don't know exactly, but tripples certainly change the signal that the carbs see.

I would think that the only difference in signal would be at the top end range where the triples take effect. The tuned pipe allows for a shorter crisper return wave which allows for a little more freespin hp. This more powerful stroke could account for some increase in signal strength......

The tripple pipes have better negative wave return, which stuffs more fuel on the piston during the compression stroke. I guess without triples the single pipe carb setup has to account for this increased need for fuel where as the stuffing gives the triples all it needs.

What im failing to understand is the dramatic low end change although like I said they use a really light pop off pressure with the smaller lows.

Thread Information