Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

powervalve problems

ok guys here it goes, powervalves cycle at shutdown, but do not open at wot, replaced the cdi, servo motor, eliminated the plug at the servo motor and wired it straight thru, had a protec controller on before and they cycled at random still no wot, i have the r&d billet valves in and when i disconnect the servo cables and open valves manually everything is fine except holeshot which is to be expected, valves move by hand freely and cycle properly at shutdown just nothing at wot any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i know gas is the next option at this point, but can't justify since i just got these valves on the side, do 1200 valves fit 1300's or are they diff since i have one of those toothanks in advance

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

It sounds like you have checked everything.
    Have you verified that the valve itself is moving with the cover off?

Are the valves still intact not broken??

yes valves are brand new and with the valves zip tied open it runs a max rpm, i'm only getting around 6200 rpm usually runs 7080-7120

I have just expereinced this same thing on my personal ski, 2001 XLT1200. To test it, I disconnected the cable and tried to turn the valve pully by hand while riding at WOT. It wouldn't budge, then when I went back to idle it opened and closed fine. When I open them while at idle and hold them open by hand, once I get to WOT they ski runs fine.

Seems as if my front PV gets stuck at WOT. Not sure if your experienceing the same thing since I think that my issue is that the valve guide has just worn out after 1,190 hours

i've never heard that many hours before, good job! i will have to try that out this weekend, maybe the guide is cocked alittle or something, i'll try anything at this point

anyone have any other ideas? ie. electrical issues?

hey wave eater, checked the valves over laborday, can easily roll them open at any rpm by hand also pulled covers everything is good, i'm out of ideas, its sad when you have your girlfriends hair tie rigged inside for quick valve opening when a race is nearby

+1
    Are the valves adjusted so that when they open they open to the correct position? it sound like they are opening from your description. Just not all the way correct? might just need some cable adjustments. also remember if you are hitting the rev limiter they will close.

hey oside, the valves open and close completly when they cycle @ shut downn have no power valves on top end at all, max rpm is 6200, cables are adjusted to specs and cables are good shape, no resistance when i pulled on them thinking maybe the cable broke

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gpr2000 View Post
    ok guys here it goes, powervalves cycle at shutdown, but do not open at wot, replaced the cdi, servo motor, eliminated the plug at the servo motor and wired it straight thru, had a protec controller on before and they cycled at random still no wot, i have the r&d billet valves in and when i disconnect the servo cables and open valves manually everything is fine except holeshot which is to be expected, valves move by hand freely and cycle properly at shutdown just nothing at wot any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i know gas is the next option at this point, but can't justify since i just got these valves on the side, do 1200 valves fit 1300's or are they diff since i have one of those toothanks in advance

hey did you ever get this problem solved?? im having the exact problem and cant figure it out, switched cdi/ and servo motor from a perfectly running ski and no luck
    p/v's cycle at shut-down but wont open at wot, thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information