2004 freedom cost

I have a chance to purchase a 2004 freedom with dorsey trailer with 12 total hours time, garage kept for $3000. Too high, good deal or so so? can buy left over honda 2005 new for $6000 at dealer. Have not been too happy with 1995 sl750. Recurring holy pistons. Is the two cylinder engine better? HELP

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Well, the SL750 is quite different from the Freedom.

The domestic twin cylinder engine seems to be quite reliable, and fuel efficient.

Unlike the Fuji engined SL models, there is plenty of room inside the hull to work on the engine, and the engine is quite easy to access.

The Freedom hull is the same as the Virage, which is quite roomy and stable in the water, even at low speeds.

The 2004 Freedom may only be rated for two passengers (I could be wrong on this), while the Virage is 3 passenger.

Will you be carrying two or three people on the Freedom, or towing a skier or tube?

There seem to be lots of those left over Honda's for sale. Honda manufactured way more than the dealers could sell, and they apparently are still getting rid of them, years later. Honda has just released a new model line, which is reportedly a significant improvement on the original models.

The Honda's seem to be reliable overall, but are a heavier machine than the Polaris. Have a look in the Honda forum on Green Hulk for more information.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffpruett View Post
    I have a chance to purchase a 2004 freedom with dorsey trailer with 12 total hours time, garage kept...
    12 hours is very low for a four year old PWC. If the engine has not been used in recent times, then you need to know whether it was stored properly.
    Was the engine fogged before it was stored?
    Salt water use?

How long has it been sitting?
    Old gasoline? Stabilizer in the fuel?

Has compression been checked?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    I'd say it's a good price for that low of hours,trailers worth 300.00 min.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpruett View Post
    I have a chance to purchase a 2004 freedom with dorsey trailer with 12 total hours time, garage kept for $3000. Too high, good deal or so so? can buy left over honda 2005 new for $6000 at dealer. Have not been too happy with 1995 sl750. Recurring holy pistons. Is the two cylinder engine better? HELP

NADA has the average retail for the Freedom at around $2500 (that includes trailer.) The one you are looking at would probably be slightly higher because of the low hours and condition. you might try to use the NADA price to leverage a lower asking price.

In my opinion, (if I was you) I would seriously consider the Honda. $6000 is a real bargain on a very nice reliable ski. I would assume there would also be a warranty??

Where are you located? I may be interested in that Honda myself?

Thread Information