Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Warranty Question

Just a quick question. I did my own 10 hour service and do any other regular maintenance on the ski. Now since I didn't have a SeaDoo dealer do the work, will they give me a problem on warranty work? I brought my ski in this morning for a problem and they just said that SeaDoo might ask why the ten hour service wasn't done. Is this true?

I did my own 10-hour service and kept the receipts for the BRP oil & filter that I bought online. I had 2 items changed under warranty and was never questioned about the 10-hour service. Take a look at your Owners Manual and see what is checked and what parts are changed during that service. If your problem has nothing to do with the those items, I don't see how thay could deny your claim. After all, they make more money by doing the warranty work than by not doing it. And, it's going to depend solely on your dealer. If they give you a hard time, try another dealer... Ron

+1
    It depends on your dealer..If you have a respectable dealer they should take care off you..I had done all the servicing on both my skis and recently had to have a J-pipe replaced under warrenty and no questions were asked..I took the J-pipe off the machine.,gave it to him and he ordered me a new one under warrenty...I did all the R&R work myself..All he needed was the VIN number and hours on the machine..

Thanks for the answers. He said SeaDoo might not even ask, he just wanted to know in case they did. I'll just have to dig up the receipt for the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    It depends on your dealer..If you have a respectable dealer they should take care off you..I had done all the servicing on both my skis and recently had to have a J-pipe replaced under warrenty and no questions were asked..I took the J-pipe off the machine.,gave it to him and he ordered me a new one under warrenty...I did all the R&R work myself..All he needed was the VIN number and hours on the machine..
    That's a good deal for the dealer too, because I'm sure he gets paid by BRP for the labor it would have taken to remove & install the J-pipe... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    That's a good deal for the dealer too, because I'm sure he gets paid by BRP for the labor it would have taken to remove & install the J-pipe... Ron
    Exactly!!!!!It works out real good... He gets us our parts,we install them ourselves that way they dont have to have there fingers in my skis..And because of this..He makes money for doing nothing...Charges BRP for the labor he never had to do,I get my parts and everybody is happy...

I did the same thing with the oil pressure sensors and old plastic pump on one warranty claim. Looking back, I should have done the SC too... Ron

+1
    It is nice to have a dealer that will work with you thats for sure...

Wish mine would let me do that. Now that I think about it, the ski has been in once for new gauges and a couple other small things and no one asked about any 10 hour service or other maintenance.

+1
    You ll be fine Zach...Dont sweat it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information