skegs on RXPX ???

Does anybody has put skegs on its rxpx? what is the mod there?
    Another question what is the best intake grate for rxpx and how can i change it? is there any guide to change it?
    I would like to improve my rxpx with r&d intake grate and skegs because i can go with chops.....the rxpx doesn't go, only cavitation...
    Thanks guys..

Our stock RXP-X hooks very well, even in "chop"... hardly any cavitation. Choosing between the two grates Riva and R&D will be difficult. There are no shortages of opinions and anecdotes as to which to choose.
    Consensus seems to be to run the R&D in chop but that it cavitates more than stock. Changing the grate is a matter of carefully heating the bolts holding the grate on to weaken the locktite then removing them. From there it's a straight swap. Have a tube of an appropriate marine silicone on hand to seal the new grate in. Let it all cure, then ride.
    As to skegs, might want to try just the grate first to see if that's the difference you are looking for.

The problem of my stock rxpx is that it doesn't hook . I feel the power but the ski in the waves makes a big noise and doesn't go very wwll.

Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    The problem of my stock rxpx is that it doesn't hook . I feel the power but the ski in the waves makes a big noise and doesn't go very wwll.
    Have you checked the wear ring and impeller for wear or damage? All you need to do is crawl under the ski with a flashlight and look up through the grate. It's a little harder looking through the rear of the ski because of the nozzle and pump stator that get in the way... Ron

Hi, this is a photo of the situation....6 hours....no problems with ring but i see these kind of red....what is? how to take it away?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03677.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	91419  

Hi, this is a photo of the situation....6 hours....no problems with ring but i see these kind of red....what is? how to take it away?
    Thanks

That would be rust my friend, spray some WD40 or Silicone spray up there and maybe scrub it a little. You absolutely need to rinse the ski off once pulling it from the water especially salt water....

+1
    Put skegs on my RXPX before it ever hit the water. Had them on my 2004 RXP also. Would not run my skis without them. Increses speed and handles like it on rails.

+1
    that doesnt sound right. You should be getting awesome hook up with stock setup and your pic does not show that there has been any damage at all.
    Maybe you are trimming way wrong when going thru chop or waves, but the stock intake should not have a cavitation or hookup problem.

sorry to get off topic on skegs.

IMPORTANT

Thanks
    Sorry just one question...this is normal with a rxpx new with 6 hours and 2 times on sea (when came back washed with water).
    It is important that the rxpx isn't stay in water for a long time ,only when is the power no. No rest in water.
    How is it possible so much rust???
    tnx

Thread Information