Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

rossier jet kit & proks on xpl 951

I was wondering if anyone has put the rossier jet kit with the proks, and what kind of performance gain does it have if any. i just bought the jet kit with the filters for $200, just waiting for them to come in. Do the carbon reeds make a difference?

I have the Proks and a jet kit, not sure what they use for jets, but mine is 85 Pilots 170 mains with 2.3 N/S works really well then I upgraded to 15/20 concord impeller and a R&D head so it really boogies. Once I fix the cavitation it should be quite impressive. Sorry dont know much about the reeds.

Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    I have the Proks and a jet kit, not sure what they use for jets, but mine is 85 Pilots 170 mains with 2.3 N/S works really well then I upgraded to 15/20 concord impeller and a R&D head so it really boogies. Once I fix the cavitation it should be quite impressive. Sorry dont know much about the reeds.
    ok. mine runs 57 bone stock right now, is that about right for the 98 xpl, mine cavitates like yours unless trimmed all the way up, but once you get on top you can trim where ever. would that decrease speed in any way, and i noticed the impeller has quite a few nicks in it, does that effect the speed as well? what mph gain did you get with that set up with the stock impeller

Stock impeller new wear ring and jet kit no head I went from about 58 to about 59 - 60 on a good day but it pulled like crazy mid range and bottom end which added to the cavitation. Way noticable difference worth every penny. Added the head and the Concord 15/20 impeller and now I run 63. I sealed my pump twice trying to get rid of the caviatation. Finnaly I pulled the ride plate the intake grate and the pump off cleaned everything and sealed it all back on with some stuff called the right stuff. I smoothed it all around the edges of the ride plate and grate to cut down on edges in the water. Took it out today and no cavitation. Man it pulls hard as heck from launch to top speed. Its worth doing pain in the butt I did every crack and crevis LOL

Stock impeller new wear ring and jet kit no head I went from about 58 to about 59 - 60 on a good day but it pulled like crazy mid range and bottom end which added to the cavitation. Way noticable difference worth every penny. Added the head and the Concord 15/20 impeller and now I run 63. I sealed my pump twice trying to get rid of the caviatation. Finnaly I pulled the ride plate the intake grate and the pump off cleaned everything and sealed it all back on with some stuff called the right stuff. I smoothed it all around the edges of the ride plate and grate to cut down on edges in the water. Took it out today and no cavitation. Man it pulls hard as heck from launch to top speed. Its worth doing pain in the butt I did every crack and crevis LOL
    thanks for the info, i completely sealed off the ride plate and grate but still the same, so i guess i have to do like you haha. do you know any info on the nujet 6.0 impeller with a 2 degree bend? the sales rep from rossier said that the nujet will give the most topend more than the 15/20 but the hole shot isnt as good, does the 15/20 have better hole shot than the stock impeller? The engine was also rebuilt and bored one size over stock, thats why i was hoping it would do better than 57 stock. i guess rebuilt is never as good as a brand new engine

I got most of my ideas from guys on here and a thread called Bens secret mods. I have to say it does sound like you are lacking someon top even stock should run close to 60 MPH. What are you getting for RPMs? I think you should be around 6900 6950 stock for a good running ski. I turn about 7150 on mine. Check out the thread of Bens he did alot of research and testing for impellers and 951's. If you are low on RPM's I have seen alot of reasons why.
    Things to check
    1. Rave valves are they clean or gummed up is the selenoid working is the vaccum opening them. You can try taking the springs out it will kill low end but top end will be like the raves are open as long as they are clean and can move.
    2. Exhaust leaks in hull pull the seat and see if it runs better or look for smoke in the hull etc
    3. Water reg valve on the waterbox. I pulled the hose off and ran it overboard so I could see. IT should flow pretty good out the small hose until about 5000 RPMS then the water should be less, not shut off but less pressure. Dont run it long because your pipe is not getting the cooling it should be and you can melt your hoses that go from pipe to waterbox.

I got most of my ideas from guys on here and a thread called Bens secret mods. I have to say it does sound like you are lacking someon top even stock should run close to 60 MPH. What are you getting for RPMs? I think you should be around 6900 6950 stock for a good running ski. I turn about 7150 on mine. Check out the thread of Bens he did alot of research and testing for impellers and 951's. If you are low on RPM's I have seen alot of reasons why.
    Things to check
    1. Rave valves are they clean or gummed up is the selenoid working is the vaccum opening them. You can try taking the springs out it will kill low end but top end will be like the raves are open as long as they are clean and can move.
    2. Exhaust leaks in hull pull the seat and see if it runs better or look for smoke in the hull etc
    3. Water reg valve on the waterbox. I pulled the hose off and ran it overboard so I could see. IT should flow pretty good out the small hose until about 5000 RPMS then the water should be less, not shut off but less pressure. Dont run it long because your pipe is not getting the cooling it should be and you can melt your hoses that go from pipe to waterbox.
    When i ran it the other day i did notice they had some smoke inside when i opened the hatch, is that coming from the exhaust hose becuase i didnt think that was normal because it was smoking quite a bit. it revs to about 6900 stock. whenever i am able to get gas i will go test it, i just got hit by a hurricane and gas isnt easy to come by right now. thanks again

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Yes, smoke is an exhaust leak. Check your coupler from the pipe on the engine to the long pipe going to the rear of the ski. If the wrv failed or you adjusted it too dry, it will melt a hole in the coupler.

Make sure the smoke isnt just coming back in the drain plugs...

if rossier is still selling this, change your HS jets now - unless your 3000' above sea level.
    rossier kit
    145(MAG) MAIN
    147.5 (PTO) MAIN
    95 PILOT
    2.3 N&S
    115 GRAM SPRING

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information