Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hull repair?

  1. #1
    Yellowsierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Andrews, NC
    Posts
    143

    Hull repair?

    I was wondering if anybody has done hull repair on there GPR. My Gp1200R has a few scratchs on the bottom and I would really like to repair them. I have done body work before so I know how to use glaze, putty ect. I heard somebody say that you use a Gelcoat? Is that like a colored epoxy? Any help would be great.

    Thanks

    Justin


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    I use Marine tex for gouges and scratches

  3. #3
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowsierra View Post
    I was wondering if anybody has done hull repair on there GPR. My Gp1200R has a few scratchs on the bottom and I would really like to repair them. I have done body work before so I know how to use glaze, putty ect. I heard somebody say that you use a Gelcoat? Is that like a colored epoxy? Any help would be great.

    Thanks

    Justin

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63531

  4. #4
    Yellowsierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Andrews, NC
    Posts
    143
    Thanks for the help guys. I was really sad when I looked at all the scratchs on the Bottom of my jet ski but it looks like theres hope. I think im going to try EverCoat GelCoat repair. I might post some before and after pitures.

    Thanks

    Justin

  5. #5
    Mike's GPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Carol Stream, IL
    Posts
    2,044
    +1
    20
    I like Marine Tex. You wont be disapointed. Easy to work with and rock solid after it cures. You can then sand it... for a perfect match. If it is on the bottom you dont even have to worry about painting.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,274
    +1
    81
    Just so you know, you do NOT have any gelcoat on your GPR. It is painted, just like a newer Corvette or plastic bodied car.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowsierra View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I was really sad when I looked at all the scratchs on the Bottom of my jet ski but it looks like theres hope. I think im going to try EverCoat GelCoat repair. I might post some before and after pitures.

    Thanks

    Justin

  7. #7
    Yellowsierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Andrews, NC
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    Just so you know, you do NOT have any gelcoat on your GPR. It is painted, just like a newer Corvette or plastic bodied car.

    Really! I guess I will just use Marine Tex. I wonder if my local WC dealer has any.

    Thanks

    Justin

  8. #8
    do you have a west marine near u?

  9. #9
    Yellowsierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Andrews, NC
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    do you have a west marine near u?
    I haven't heard of one before. I will probley check Smith Power Sports.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hull Repair?
    By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 08:02 PM
  2. hull repair help
    By dhoad in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 09:31 AM
  3. Hull repair questions
    By VaRedneck in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 07:57 PM
  4. finally went to the lake after hull repair
    By txgp1300r in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 11:29 PM
  5. Hull Repair
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •