Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

just changed oil and?

just changed oil and filter and put a level on engine and she only takes four (4) quarts . full to second hole in dip stick let run on hose and no change. why not five i sucked out five?????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by soberdave View Post
    just changed oil and filter and put a level on engine and she only takes four (4) quarts . full to second hole in dip stick let run on hose and no change. why not five i sucked out five?????????????????????
    You may have gas in the oil or the last person over filled it.

+1
    your good. i put in usually 3.5- 3.75 quarts

Smile

thanks guys also never had gas in oil but also instaled ocms , just to see what comes out of catch can. 26 hours on clock first change done at dealer at 10 hours.

Talking Oil Overfill was another issue a lot of dealers had.

Quote Originally Posted by soberdave View Post
    thanks guys also never had gas in oil but also instaled ocms , just to see what comes out of catch can. 26 hours on clock first change done at dealer at 10 hours.

Hi All, This was a issue that Kawi had on Oil overfill. Best thing to do is get a Level and place on top of engine. Warm engine up first so Oil Flows nice and pick's up all the stuff in the Engine. Then suck it out, After that instead of going on what you pump out you should go on what you put in.

Move ski up or down with Trailer until level is level . Then Fill her up till cold Fill section. Take her for a spin to warm her good and check it again.
    I like to leave it a little under verses right on or a little over.

Good Luck . Remember that Oil will increase once Warm due to Viscosity.

never thought i had gas in oil 2008 29 hours drain 1/3 of ounce every twenty gallons of gas. thank you makers of the ocms, you did what kawasiki should do. , this is my seventh kawasaki jetski and my first complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
    Hi All, This was a issue that Kawi had on Oil overfill.
    Is there any written document or factory TSB Kawi acknowledging that they overfilled the engine oil? Or is this just a speculation?

I speculate that anything over 4 quarts gunks up my Intercooler.

Mine did the same thing. Bought it May 08. Changed oil with 25 hrs. Took out 5 qts.and have put 15 more hours on engine and oil is holding level at second drill hole on dip stick. Exactly where 4 quarts filled to. Don't worry about it.

I took my 08 in for second oil change at 22 hours. Had installed OCMS before leaving for my trip to VA to ride, 12 hours on ski when I left. Checked oil a couple of times, looked OK. First couple of rides after installing OCMS nothing to drain. I put addl 10 hours on ski over the next couple of days, didn't check the canister. Took to a Jet ski only (no motor cycles or 4 wheelers) dealer, Top Gun in VA who owns his own modded 08 Ultra. They pulled almost a quart of oil out of the catch can!!! WTF? I saw it myself. Both the owner and head tech who have great reps in the area said that by putting the OCMS on and plugging the line to the return you create a vacume that pulled oil out of the motor into the catch can. The can was filled with mnostly oil but did smell of gas. They also felt my local dealer had overfilled the last oil change. What are everones thoughts on this one? I am a bit stumped on what to do next. I put it back to stock for now. Over the trip, no loss of RPM's (still at about 7700 max) and max speed stayed about the same at 64.8 GPS (70 on the dreamometer) Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information