Speedster 150 or 200

We have been comparing the speedster 150 and 200. It will be either the 230 or 430 respectively that we decide on. What is a bottomline I can get them down to on both do you think. What are top speeds on them both. What is an all around better deal in yalls opinion. I would imagine the 150 is more manueverable but not as quick, but it is just so damn small dont know if I am able to get over that. I would definetly like to hear some opinions or more feedback on stuff that I might not be aware of on these boats.

Thanks.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AFGuy08 View Post
    We have been comparing the speedster 150 and 200. It will be either the 230 or 430 respectively that we decide on. What is a bottomline I can get them down to on both do you think. What are top speeds on them both. What is an all around better deal in yalls opinion. I would imagine the 150 is more manueverable but not as quick, but it is just so damn small dont know if I am able to get over that. I would definetly like to hear some opinions or more feedback on stuff that I might not be aware of on these boats.

Thanks.
    Just a note on size... before I bought my utopia I was dead set on getting a 150 speedster So glad I didnt... those things are tinny, and it sucks only being able to take 3 people out with you! Not to mention with 4 people on board... there is NO room! I would recommend you go with the 200

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Just a note on size... before I bought my utopia I was dead set on getting a 150 speedster So glad I didnt... those things are tinny, and it sucks only being able to take 3 people out with you! Not to mention with 4 people on board... there is NO room! I would recommend you go with the 200

Yeah the 150 does look like it would be pretty tight space. And one more question is there a limit on how far you can take them off shore?

Coming from someone who already owns a 14.5' boat, get the 200! If you want to do lounging on the water with more than 2-3 people you'll appreciate the extra room.

I took my Sportster about a mile off-shore but I was traveling with another boat, so the risk of having an issue was less. I was lucky that the weather was great - large rolling swells. Anything more and it would have been a crappy ride. It was a blast out there!

Thread Information