Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weighted fuel clunks.

Just got these in today from Jetski Solutions. Will be getting the rest of the stuff needed to do the installation during the next 2 weeks. I'll post pictures as the installation progresses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clunk1_975.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	5084  

+1
    how much were they?

They are $7.10 each. Check them out here:

http://www.jetskisolutions.com/fuel_pickup.htm

Heard about them from Pistonwash. He told me to get some 1/4" platic elbows and he explained how to put them on.

+1
    Ya know guys. I havent talk to PW about this, but I'm not sure you need plastic elbows and all the possible problems associated.

Why not remove the plastic outer cover, and just run the hose from the top of the pickup to the bottom/back of the tank? Those little black hard hoses slide off the nipples at the top.

This would eliminate complexity from the system, by not using a plastic elbow and all those connections?

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys
    Ya know guys. I havent talk to PW about this, but I'm not sure you need plastic elbows and all the possible problems associated.

Why not remove the plastic outer cover, and just run the hose from the top of the pickup to the bottom/back of the tank? Those little black hard hoses slide off the nipples at the top.

This would eliminate complexity from the system, by not using a plastic elbow and all those connections?
    Not sure I'm following you as I have never taken that part of the tank off. I guess I'll have to wait until I take it apart to understand what your talking about.

+1
    Good point mark.. But the plastic outer cover I think if what gives the signal when we are on low fuel. Mayabe I am wrong. The lines can be curved toward the back along with using the thing a ma jig. Rafi hurry up and test it out. Matter of fact call my cell right now. 713-882-5139.

+1
    Fuel Gauge! I've heard of those! Mine hasn't worked right on any Yami I've ever owned! (only 2)

You may be right. The outer cover probably keeps splash off of the capacitance reed switches.

Hmmmm.... I don't like too many clamps and tee's in my fuel tank. There has got to be a better way.

+1
    The plastic elbows work fine Mark, zip ties work well to keep the hoses secure to. There's no real pressure to break anything loose, you need to keep the platic cover on for a couple of reasons..you protect the fuel sending unit and the hoses. I did cut a little square out of the plastic tube facing the rear of the tank, to allow the elbows and hoses room to do what they need to do.

Honestly it looks pretty stock when it's done. I too will be taking pictures as soon as I start transferring parts from Lightning to the new ski. They use them for the standup twins all the time, and those suckers jump all over God's creation, more-so than our couches. John told they've never had a problem. I know I have'nt either with the new mod.

I completely forgot about it until there was a thread about it the other day.

+1
    There's no real pressure to break anything loose,
    I wasn't talking about pressure. I was thinking about all the wacky things that different types of gas, such as av gas and race gas do, to parts of different materials... You know, like gas filters.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys
    There's no real pressure to break anything loose,
    I wasn't talking about pressure. I was thinking about all the wacky things that different types of gas, such as av gas and race gas do, to parts of different materials... You know, like gas filters.
    DOH!! You mean my infamous Mattel filters that got clogged? The clunks, the fuel line and the elbows will work just fine with anything but acid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information