Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stock bilge hose

Can I keep that hose in and attach a bilge pump to it. I plan on removing the spout from the pump. then I would just disconnect the hose from the pump and cut it shorter. Would this work?

I don't follow? you want to add an electric bilge pump in place of the old siphon bilge

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    I don't follow? you want to add an electric bilge pump in place of the old siphon bilge

You got it. want to get rid of that piece when I do that visibilty spout removal also. But still want the security of 2 bilge pumps.

I still don't get it? the vis spout is a 6 inch hose at the end of the craft ( from pump to spout ) and it never penetrates the hull! you need a new thru hull fitting or a bilge pump installation kit

the siphon bilge is it's own separate system

I am kinda lost also...You want to keep the syphon bilge and then hook an electric bilge to where the visibitly spout is?!?

well maybe I don't get it ? i looked it up you have the electric from ( see link) the factory my bad does it have a siphon style ? or is that what your after? sry for the confusion Z
    http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/partim...fx?d=14129,2,0

well u have both systems already ?? see second image ( although I'm sure you new that )

Ok I see how that was confusing - im not this dumb trust me.

Ok here goes again.

I am taking off the exit nozzle to remove the visibilty spout. Since it is off I also want to remove the piece in the nozzle for the stock bilge system that pulls water out through that little plastic box, in the engine compartment. So since I wont have that anymore instead of that little box I wanted to put a rule bilge pump and have it pump any water out through that same hose. Just wanted to see if the hose that is on the plastic box will fit the rule bilge pump. then at the back of the boat just take the hose off the exit nozzle and let it dump water out from the transom plate.

Hope that was bettter.

hmm...that got me thinking...You could put an electric bilge in and use the syphon line, then disconnect the syphon line from the pump housing and hook that to the unused visibilty spout fitting on the rear deck.

I wouldn't mess with it! I think the gain would be nil! and the factory way you have 2 separate systems . that being said I think it would work the hose size may be a tad small but they sell adapters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information