Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Throttle on RXT is stuck/jammed and non-operational

    I've got an 05 RXT that was last used over 2 months ago. Today I go to turn it on and then apply throttle and the throttle lever is stuck and won't allow me to apply any throttle.

    Can someone point me in the correct direction as to what to look at and/or replace to get this working? Did something lock up or break?

    Thanks.


  2. #2
    ...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Hamptons, Long Island, New York
    Posts
    790
    +1
    5
    You prob. have never lubed your Throttle Body and now the Butterfly is seized. I would pull of the SC to TB Tube and try to move the Butterfly by Hand. If you can't, that's your problem.

  3. #3
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Throttle cable might be rusted. Get wd40 and shoot it down the little hole on the throttle...follow the wire and lube it...and lube it by the throttle body....If that fails, do what duramaxxed said....You should do it either way to be safe....


    duramaxxed...whos the hottie in the avatar...damn!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    You prob. have never lubed your Throttle Body and now the Butterfly is seized. I would pull of the SC to TB Tube and try to move the Butterfly by Hand. If you can't, that's your problem.
    Assuming worst case that I can not move the butterfly what then? Assuming I can then what?

    Thanks for the advise!
    Last edited by acesea; 08-28-2008 at 09:43 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT View Post
    Throttle cable might be rusted. Get wd40 and shoot it down the little hole on the throttle...follow the wire and lube it...and lube it by the throttle body....If that fails, do what duramaxxed said....You should do it either way to be safe....


    duramaxxed...whos the hottie in the avatar...damn!
    I will shoot wd40 down the throttle wire tomorrow. Could someone point out which cable is in fact the throttle cable going to the throttle body?




    Thanks for the advise!

  6. #6
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    It is the black hose that goes to the throttle body. You know what the throttle body is? Its just under the coolant reservoir. You will see a black 3" or so hose.

  7. #7
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Once you find the throttle body, its the wire that sits on top in some sort of loop thing....Someone will post a pic soon....I dont have my ski with me otherwise I would shoot it for ya.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT View Post
    Once you find the throttle body, its the wire that sits on top in some sort of loop thing....Someone will post a pic soon....I dont have my ski with me otherwise I would shoot it for ya.
    Thanks for the help. I found the post by _Lurker_ with the manuals at http://jmfiskin.com/manuals/

    Found pics of my throttle body there. Hopefully it will be accessible w/o taking anything out.

    What should I look for or do when I am at the TB tomorrow? Spray the housing down with wd40? How about the throttle wire?

  9. #9
    ...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Hamptons, Long Island, New York
    Posts
    790
    +1
    5
    Spray the Throttle Wheel & Spring down also. That is the Part that the Throttle Cable hooks on to on the TB.

    Dunno if the 'Ski's have the Plastic Engine Cover, but if they do, there should be a little Port Capped off on the Edge of it. Pop off the Cap and Spray WD into the hose you took the Cap off. That is the TB Lube Hose. It will spray into the TB right onto the Butterfly, and help keep it Lubed. You should do that once a Month or so to keep everything moving and good.

    Geo, don't worry about MY Hottie in my Avatar. She's actually down in your Town right now. If you only knew where though!

  10. #10
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    Spray the Throttle Wheel & Spring down also. That is the Part that the Throttle Cable hooks on to on the TB.

    Dunno if the 'Ski's have the Plastic Engine Cover, but if they do, there should be a little Port Capped off on the Edge of it. Pop off the Cap and Spray WD into the hose you took the Cap off. That is the TB Lube Hose. It will spray into the TB right onto the Butterfly, and help keep it Lubed. You should do that once a Month or so to keep everything moving and good.

    Geo, don't worry about MY Hottie in my Avatar. She's actually down in your Town right now. If you only knew where though!
    good idea to spray the whole set-up, now if you are riding in salt water, you need to do this every ride...

    The 05's don't have that port, you gotta pull the intake and do it manually...

    Let me know where she's at, I'll take care of her for ya...

    JP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 rxt-is code p1614 and Ic pressure test question
    By BEECHFRONT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 05:07 PM
  2. Setting Manual iS on RXT iS 260?
    By SHOBiz in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 03:18 AM
  3. 2012 RXT iS 260 Steering and other issues....
    By Birdman in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 03:23 PM
  4. Through hull tip on RXT is a bad dream
    By imp0ster in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
  5. RXT iS Injectors, O2 and PSI sample ports
    By Ken IS255 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 11:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •