Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about ride quality of XP vs. GSX

I have a GTX for my wife, and I Love the way it rides, but personally I like 2 seater myself. I had a GSX, but it beat the crap out of me, so I sold. I found a decent price on a XP, and I know they have the shock on the seat. How does it ride compared to a GSX. I dont wanna shell out the doe, if I just have to turn around and sell it.

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    XP is not for a rookie rider. it's a fast light boat that will beat you up in the chop

Quote Originally Posted by Quad411 View Post
    I have a GTX for my wife, and I Love the way it rides, but personally I like 2 seater myself. I had a GSX, but it beat the crap out of me, so I sold. I found a decent price on a XP, and I know they have the shock on the seat. How does it ride compared to a GSX. I dont wanna shell out the doe, if I just have to turn around and sell it.

Ride the XP like a standup and you will love it, sit all the time in chop and you will hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ringturncoat View Post
    Ride the XP like a standup and you will love it, sit all the time in chop and you will hate it.
    i like my xp, at times in rough water it beats you up but it will also ride on top of the waves, kinda slices through. is more for one person or 2 small people, thats the only bad thing, but they are the best for cutting up on

My wife's ski is a 99XPL w/ppg level 1. She loves it. I would have to say that in rough water, it's better than a GSXL, but, not as smooth as a
    GTX or even an RX. The XPL is definetly not good for 2-up riding.
    Robert V

I've been riding for 15 years, I have knee problems, and back problems, and with the GTX, I can ride 6-7 hours no problem. With the GSX, I couldnt ride it an hour. We like riding alone, thats why I am looking to get another jetski, I found a 01 XP that needed a motor for 1,000 bucks that why I was asking about ride quality.

I've had 3 XPLs and 2 GSXLs. The GSXLs are obviously much more stable. The XPLS are the ultimate carving machines, but that comes at a cost.....no stability sitting still or at idle. I found that you have to ride the XPL like a dirt bike. In rough water, you have to stand and let it "wobble" beneath you. People not familiar with the XPL don't like the "wobble" feel because they think the XPL is going to get sideways. It won't, if ridden properly.

Overall, the XPL is one of my favorite skis.

+1
    Quad, is the engine missing or blown? If missing I would aviod it as you don't know what else is missing.

+1
    I'm thinking that with knee problems, you'll have problems riding this ski for very long.

If you want a fast 2-seater, but easy on the old bones, consider an RXP, or even better, an RXP-X.

The motors missing, he claims someone stole the motor, which doesnt make sense that someone stole his motor, but just left the rest of the jetski in his driveway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information