Found something weird with the Reeds!

I bought my 2001 Gp1200r from my local dealer about 3 weeks ago. Well its had a bad hesitation down low. I though it was lean at first. Richened it up and it made it worse. Well I took the cards off tonight to see what the jetting was in the carbs. 117.5 HighSpeed 95 LowSpeed. Is this stock? Anyway I though I would take the reeds out to see if they had any stuffers in them. Well one of the reeds had stock pedals and the other two had carbon pedals? I guess one of the carbon pedals messed up so they just put the stock pedals back in it. That doesn't sound like a good idea mix matching like that. I noticed one of the carbon pedals starting too chip around the edges. Hopefully my PWC dealer has stock pedals so I can put those in there for now.

Justin

+1
    Jetting is stock, I had a ski with the same thing I bought it fro ma guy that couldn't keep it running and he had gone the cheap route too broke a reed and stuffed a stock one back in. go all the same either stock or cf stock is fine no issues with it at all.

+1
    Yanno, since you have them out, you could go ahead and replace the reeds with some V-Force reeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Yanno, since you have them out, you could go ahead and replace the reeds with some V-Force reeds.

Yeah that would be nice! Thats why I dont want to waste my money on carbon reeds because I want to end up buying the V-Force reed kit.

On a stock ski jetting on carb #1 & 3 are the same but #2 is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGEXP View Post
    On a stock ski jetting on carb #1 & 3 are the same but #2 is higher.

I think im going with this jetting ... 125 HS 110LS 1.5NV and .95 gram springs. Does this sound about right? Im going to have 150 psi head, Riva S3 Stinger, and probley pretty soon some v-Force reeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowsierra View Post
    I think im going with this jetting ... 125 HS 110LS 1.5NV and .95 gram springs. Does this sound about right? Im going to have 150 psi head, Riva S3 Stinger, and probley pretty soon some v-Force reeds.
    That's good but don't forget to disable the acceleration pumps with that jetting and add F/A's. Save your money on the stinger and just add a D plate to the stock pipe if you want the best set-up for top end.

+1
    If your ski is otherwise stock, 110/120's are a little rich, but safe. If you plan to remove the cat, put in a free flow, etc., it wouldn't hurt to rejet now.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    If your ski is otherwise stock, 110/120's are a little rich, but safe. If you plan to remove the cat, put in a free flow, etc., it wouldn't hurt to rejet now.

My Ski has Riva S3 Stinger, Riva AirFilters, and a impellor. I think the impellor is a 13/19 but im not sure. Besides that it is all stock. I've heard the Riva S3 Stinger may acctually hurt the top end alittle but its already on my ski and I really like it. The stinger makes it easy to get to the carbs, removes extra weight and actually looks good.

Heres what I want to purchase. Jim's or IslandRacing Ride Plate, 800 intake grate, ADA Racing Head(155-160 psi), Jet Kit with finger adjusters, and either reed stuffers & carbon reeds or a V-Force Reed kit from IslandRacing(Alittle Pricey). My mine Goal is to break 70 MPH! I want to be able to outrun stock Rxt's and ect...

Thanks

Justin

+1
    Forget the ADA head, send your head to Jim and let him mill it. Once again, the fastest GPRs in the world run a milled stock head.

Thread Information