Steering Cable Adjustment

Instaled a wedge. How the heck do I get to the cable adjustment under the handle bar? Do I have to take the whole top of the ski apart?

INSTALLATION:

Remove the steering and trim cables first. Remove the four stock venturi bolts. Slip the wedge between the venturi and pump. This can be done without removing the reverse bucket. The thin side goes to the top. Torque to 16ft lbs. The shorter bolts go to the top.

The trim rod will need to be adjusted such that when the hand lever is released, the nozzle is allowed to go up to the full up position. The steering rod must be adjusted as well. Typically adjustment is needed on both ends to ensure that the steering nozzle is straight when the bars are straight. YOU MUST KEEP AT LEAST 10 full turns of the ball heim on the steering cable (8mm) at both ends.

Although it will bolt up, this modification is not recommend for the F12X. The F series nozzle already has some wedge built into the steering nozzle. (not the most efficient way to accomplish the angle change) However, If you retrofit a drop nozzle from an R to an F, then this modification would be a must!

I read all that. All is installed correctly. Thing is you cannot get enough adjustement from the linkage at the rear. So need to adjust it at the other end at the handle bars as it indicates. I'm just not sure how to get to the linkage under the handlebars.

I would go on the Macsboost board and ask Mac theres good info there, also what I plan on doing is going with a longer heim joint...

I wouldn't mind doing that but I cant find one. Any ideas where I can get one?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    I would go on the Macsboost board and ask Mac theres good info there, also what I plan on doing is going with a longer heim joint...
    From getusome11:
    Just wanted everyone to know how to resolve the steering linkage issues when installing the pump wedge. I took my factory hiem joint to a place here in Houston called American Heli-Arc. They were able to lengthen the factory joint. They added about 3/4 of an inch to it. They specialize in custom welding and stainless welding. They did a wonderful job. It almost looks factory. Very clean. It cost $40 each but we did 2 of them. They had a next day turnaround and they would do it for anyone willing to pay for shipping. 1tommygunner1927 got the other one and he to is happy with it as well. For anyone interested call (713)501-3385 or go to www.americanheliarc.com. Maybe they could mass produce them for you Mac. (macsboost) Good luck

Try this link, also got it off the Macsboost board...

http://www.fkrodends.com/SCM-T%20SCF-T.htm

Let me know what you find out....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    Try this link, also got it off the Macsboost board...

http://www.fkrodends.com/SCM-T%20SCF-T.htm

Let me know what you find out....
    The size needed is more than 6mm x 1.00.....you need:

6mm x 1.50+.

Any welding shop should be able to weld a 1/2" to 3/4" stainless steel extension on to your stock heim joint.

Or, if you're a contortionist, one can adjust the front heim joint to give more length to the steering rod. Since I'm not, I went to the welding shop.

Thread Information