08-29-2008, 12:42 PM #1
McCain Picks NRA Hero Sarah Palin
She's a pro-life NRA Member, ha ha haa!!!.... From National Review...
First Thoughts on the "Wow" Pick That Is Sarah Palin
Five quick thoughts on Sarah Palin, probably the only pick McCain could make who could simultaneously appeal to Hillary supporters who think sexism cost her the nomination, and consolidate large swaths of the conservative base.
1. As mentioned below, Palin killed the Bridge to Nowhere. This is a reform ticket, and the "more of the same" charge looks even less plausible now.
2. She doesn’t just talk the pro-life line; she lives it by choosing to carry to term her child with Downs' Syndrome. Consider the social conservative base consolidated.
3. The Democrats want to question her experience? She’s spent more time running and managing a bigger institution than anybody on their ticket has. No party ticket offered an all-experience ticket. The question is, if you think experience is important, would you rather have it as at the top of the ticket or at the bottom?
4. In the debate, guns will come up. Biden thought the guy who called his gun “his baby” has problems. She’s an NRA favorite.
5. Do I have to be the first to say it? She’s gorgeous. Stunning. A jaw-dropping knockout. This will inevitably cause some Democrat to call her a bimbo (remember how Jeri Thompson was treated by those jerks at MSNBC). That will backfire enormously. In some places in this world, women still encounter sexism and condescension. ("Hold on a second, sweetie.") Attractive women encounter it and sometimes get it even worse, the idea that if you look good, you can't have a brain in your head. The Democrats will be playing with fire every time one of their surrogates or friendly commentators go on the cable news shows...
For what it’s worth, most of my readers are going bonkers. They love the pick."
08-29-2008, 12:52 PM #2
Wow, someone wasted no time in putting the new ads up. I already have seen a McCain Palin ad in the google ad on here!
08-29-2008, 01:28 PM #3
I like her. Hunts, fishes, high school point guard for championship team, ran several businesses, five kids with one in the army and one with Downs syndrome, mayor of small town, governor of Alaska, ethics champion, doesn't tow the party line, and a hottie to boot.
BTW -a) I want one of those "horn" hats for MB5.
b) I swear one of the "horn" hat guys looks related to a frequent poster on this board.
Last edited by howestek; 08-29-2008 at 01:35 PM.
08-29-2008, 01:43 PM #4
She's kinda like the anti-Pelosi...
here's Nancy Pelosi when she heard about Sarah Palin...
08-29-2008, 01:48 PM #5
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM #6
And here's Hillary when she got the news...
08-29-2008, 01:54 PM #7
Senator Harry Reid was not happy about Sarah either...
08-29-2008, 01:57 PM #8
Rosie O'Donnell seemed very upset...
although early reports say she may warm up to Palin---(?)
08-29-2008, 02:00 PM #9
Barack Obama's 'lost' brother found in Kenya
Senator Barack Obama's long lost brother has been tracked down for the first time living in a shanty town in Kenya, reports claimed.
By Nick Pisa in Rome
Last Updated: 11:52AM BST 21 Aug 2008
George Hussein Onyango Obama, Senator Barack Obama's long lost brother was tracked down living in a hut on the outskirts of Nairobi Photo: Guy Calaf, Vanity Fair, Italy
The Italian edition of Vanity Fair said that it had found George Hussein Onyango Obama living in a hut in a ramshackle town of Huruma on the outskirts of Nairobi.
Mr Obama, 26, the youngest of the presidential candidate's half-brothers, spoke for the first time about his life, which could not be more different than that of the Democratic contender.
"No-one knows who I am," he told the magazine, before claiming: "I live here on less than a dollar a month."
According to Italy's Vanity Fair his two metre by three metre shack is decorated with football posters of the Italian football giants AC Milan and Inter, as well as a calendar showing exotic beaches of the world.
Vanity Fair also noted that he had a front page newspaper picture of his famous brother - born of the same father as him, Barack Hussein Obama, but to a different mother, named only as Jael.
He told the magazine: "I live like a recluse, no-one knows I exist."
Embarrassed by his penury, he said that he does not does not mention his famous half-brother in conversation.
"If anyone says something about my surname, I say we are not related. I am ashamed," he said.
For ten years George Obama lived rough. However he now hopes to try to sort his life out by starting a course at a local technical college.
He has only met his famous older brother twice - once when he was just five and the last time in 2006 when Senator Obama was on a tour of East Africa and visited Nairobi.
The Illinois senator mentions his brother in his autobiography, describing him in just one passing paragraph as a "beautiful boy with a rounded head".
Of their second meeting, George Obama said: "It was very brief, we spoke for just a few minutes. It was like meeting a complete stranger."
George added he was no longer in contact with his mother and said:"I have had to learn to live and take what I need.
"Huruma is a tough place, last January during the elections there was rioting and six people were hacked to death. The police don't even arrest you they just shoot you.
"I have seen two of my friends killed. I have scars from defending myself with my fists. I am good with my fists."
08-29-2008, 02:04 PM #10
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
Geez- You finding these people on the most hated list..
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By sourpower RXT in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 16Last Post: 05-13-2008, 06:38 PM
By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 22Last Post: 04-24-2006, 12:33 PM
By ramnj in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 32Last Post: 04-08-2006, 05:55 PM
By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 57Last Post: 03-13-2006, 02:04 AM
By two2curupt in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-13-2005, 11:29 AM