Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gpr1300 Vs SHO

Gpr1300 Vs SHO

What is the quickest ski and is there much in it?

I would say the SHO is quicker out of the hole stock for stock. The stock 1300 is kind of a slouch. However this can be fixed with one simple mod on the GPR; The Jetworks Kit. Top speed wise the GPR is king and there is not another hull like it.

With that being said the skis are no where close to being the same. One is a big 3 seater ski with a 4 stroke and the other is a small 2 seater with a very powerful 2 stroke.

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    re-sale on any 2 stroke suck in-less your getting it to mod stick with a 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    I would say the SHO is quicker out of the hole stock for stock. The stock 1300 is kind of a slouch. However this can be fixed with one simple mod on the GPR; The Jetworks Kit. Top speed wise the GPR is king and there is not another hull like it.

With that being said the skis are no where close to being the same. One is a big 3 seater ski with a 4 stroke and the other is a small 2 seater with a very powerful 2 stroke.
    I don't know Chris, I'd say stock for stock a GPR can't touch a SHO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenozzy View Post
    re-sale on any 2 stroke suck in-less your getting it to mod stick with a 4 stroke
    This is a misconception. People assume this because musclecraft 4 strokes typically cost $3000 more than your standard 2 stroke watercraft. So all people see is the value and don't take the percentage into consideration. Percentage wise the values are all the same period.

KBB
    MRSP 2003

GP1300R $8899
    FX-140 $9499

Trade in value

GP1300R $3540
    FX-140 $3795

Retail value

GP1300R $5150
    FX-140 $5510

MRSP 2006

GP1300R $9299
    FX-140 $9599

Trade in value

GP1300R $4505
    FX-140 $4780

Retail value

GP1300R $6535
    FX-140 $6930

Quote Originally Posted by andygpr748 View Post
    I don't know Chris, I'd say stock for stock a GPR can't touch a SHO.
    I have never raced one but there are people running upper 60's out of the box with GP1300Rs. Can a SHO do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    I have never raced one but there are people running upper 60's out of the box with GP1300Rs. Can a SHO do that?
    Yup i gps'd stock on very low fuel and oil in the cold months 68.2 mph but some of my mods are for hookup and handling that's why my speed isn't much better and that GPS was in the summer months it has ran a 69.2 before with a much looser setup can't wait for some runs from December-February.
    Last edited by yami_rida#26; 08-30-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Last time I heard most stock GPR's only run about 63-65ish and SHO's are running 67ish. Thats a difference no matter how you want to look at it. But as for mods to get top speed theres no comparision, for now....

my friend and i ride twice a week he has a SHO with such high humidity he only runs 65to66mph (gps) he jumps me about 1 ski length but i always catch him sometimes with a perfect holeshot ill leave him as is the same for him i guess what the sho lacks on top end it makes up for it on holeshot and as for the gpr what it lacks on holeshot it makes up on top end so there is always a close race but consider what he paid for it the gpr wins even with my mods far less money in mine the in his SHO! just my $0.02

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    u guys r comparing apples to oranges....and for the type of riding that i do...there is no comparison....offSHOre in 2-4 ft chop the SHO will effortlessly walk the GPR....on a flat lake/river/wave-jumping, the GPR hull comes into its own.......

but honestly...im so sick of hearing about top speed all the time for these skis.......the really amazing parameters of these skis that we should be measuring is acceleration/lateral G's..........South Florida is rough riding baby...I rarely get the opportunity to ride 'glassy' water for 'top-speed' runs.....offshore is where its at unless u want to be stuck in 'no-wake' zones al the time....

now if i lived on a lake or did river riding/wake-jumping......u can be absolutely assured i would have purchased a GPR.....different strokes for different folks (no pun intended)

Ill take explosive acceleration/holeshot out of turns or off a wave any time over this impractical top-speed bs anyday.....unless ur gonna rape at mudbug or CC race..theres no comparison.....
    and now we have the FZR.......which is a hybrid of the 2.....best of both worlds.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information