Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which 2 stroke oil???

Hi guys, just put in a d plate and was wondering what the best 2 stroke oil is for 05 gpr.......i am currently using Yamalube??????

Amsoil Dominator

Charleston SC
    Quicksilver, get it at walmart, $18 a gallon. Well thats what I have been using for the past 3 years and its worked great.

Birmingham, AL / Lay Lake
    if you are looking for the best (and also the most expensive) it is the AMS brand. You can get by with the other stuff too if you like. I still use yamalube just because i get a great deal from my dealer for it.

Beaumont, Texas
    id use amsoil if i were you. if you ask around you will hear more sucess stories about this stuff- from there 4 stroke oils to weedeater oils- they make different kinds. i truly can tell a difference in the performance!

Brandon, MS
    I can get you the dominator oil for 25.00 a gallon plus shipping and the interceptor for 21.00 a gallon plus a dealer, and thats my price.

INTERCEPTOR™ High Performance Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil
    A high-performance two-cycle oil with a performance emphasis on exhaust power vales. Excellent for all types of snowmobiles, motorcycles, personal watercraft, ATVs and jet boats. Contains high levels of detergent additives to prevent valve sticking. High quality replacement for manufacturer branded oils. Injector use or 50:1 premix. JASO FC, API TC

DOMINATOR™ Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR)
    This racing two-cycle oil has a performance emphasis toward high horsepower and modified racing or trail motors. Examples include snowmobiles, motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft, go-carts and outboard motors*. Contains higher viscosity oils for best overall protection. Contains additives for higher operating temperatures. Injector use or 50:1 premix. JASO FC, API TC

I'll go to my grave swearing by this stuff... but there are many fine brands. I've just had real good luck with this, as have many of my friends. Their Two-Stroke Racing Oil seems to have some of the best anti-scuffing properties around, of course, I've never been concerned with price either so.... I think everyone has their favorites.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had seen a pic of a power valve on cajundude site that had been run on Yamalube and he advised not to use it?????

Is the Yamalube really that bad?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00898_609.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	270.4 KB 
ID:	5095  

New Jersey
    I like Klotz, but a lot of people don't like it because of the smoke. You might want to check this site out for prices which are shipped to your door. Island racing has good prices also on their oil.

Klotz is good too, but does smoke more.

Stay away from Yamahalube or cheap oil if you like your engine...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information