Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

OK guys Seadoo Guys want input on change!

Guys I have owned more ski's than I can imagine and all but 2 were Seadoo's. I have grown to just like them, even through there problems.

BUT now I would like to step back off the PWC race of power and speed and get a all around fun boat to keep STOCK for the family. Yes, I will always have a 80+ MPH seadoo, but I want to get soemthing new.

So my question to ya'll iS

Should I get a NEW 2 seater FZS or 08 leftover FXSHO 3seater?

Things I need and like!

It needs to be FAST, but not king of the hill.
    I would love to be able to have a fun stable ride with my 2 and 3 year old on board.( I CAN DO THIS ON MY RXP'S EASY!)
    Somewhat ptactical for just about anyone to ride.

Guys I really just need good input, and I have had a 2RXT's, and I just want a change. So that being said witch one of the new Yamahas fit me.

NOTE FOR SEADOO GUYS: I have owned a bunch of seadoo and just want to try something new, so please don't bit me to bad!!!

Thanks!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Guys I have owned more ski's than I can imagine and all but 2 were Seadoo's. I have grown to just like them, even through there problems.

BUT now I would like to step back off the PWC race of power and speed and get a all around fun boat to keep STOCK for the family. Yes, I will always have a 80+ MPH seadoo, but I want to get soemthing new.

Things I need and like!

I would love to be able to have a fun stable ride with my 2 and 3 year old on board.( I CAN DO THIS ON MY RXP'S EASY!)

Guys I really just need good input, and I have had a 2RXT's, and I just want a change. So that being said witch one of the new Yamahas fit me.

NOTE FOR SEADOO GUYS: I have owned a bunch of seadoo and just want to try something new, so please don't bit me to bad!!!

Thanks!
    The key words i picked out of ur post is stable ride............here is a link ot the 09's.........
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70157

....take a look at post number 2....gives powerpoint pics of the differences in the hulls of the SHO and the FZS.....design of the SHO hull is longer and has a flat outside chine......both aid the stability of the hull and increases capacity of the ski...not to mention the 'cruise-assist' is invaluable when towing wakeboards/inflatables/etc.

I would save the money and get a SHO....mor family oriented and the money u save u can put into mods ...cuz u know ur gonna do it!!!

+1

Things I need and like!

Thanks!
    I have 7 & 9 year old daughters & they love my SHO. It will probably be more stable than the FZS but still carves up the water. The storage up front is a little small but still carries a cooler, but the back storage under the seat is deep enough to carry two screw anchors & all my ropes. The wake mode works great & the cruise control is great for towing or maintaining speeds. A little better than the RXT in rough water, seat is very comfortable. Great family ski, had the Ultra lX last year & this is hands down a better ski. Down side???? Paint seems to scratch easy, little bit of bow hunt in 1' chop above 30mph, aftermarket ride plate fixable. Mirrors are not adjustable (Mine are going to be removed). Acceleration is awesome, ski will give unbelievable confidence at high speeds due to stability. Oil changes are easy enough. Guys are hitting over 60 , 70, 80, hrs with no mechanical problems yet. If you want something a little more aggressive, look at the FZS but you loose the wake & cruise modes which I do use a lot. & the famous cup holder

Jim

+1
    Well after looking at that post and comparing them both. They seam to me to be the same thing with very simple sundle differences. I mean for the cash in a leftover 08 for a new 09, I can't see that they will be much of a speed performance difference in them! I think I am seeing it correctly that they are the same SIZE? Correct?

If this is the case I believe it is a easy choice since I am gonna have it for a family ski!

But Will the FZS be better in the long run?

BUT I have seen prices in the $9000 range for a FXSHO!

+1
    Well after looking at that post and comparing them both. They seam to me to be the same thing with very simple sundle differences. I mean for the cash in a leftover 08 for a new 09, I can't see that they will be much of a speed performance difference in them! I think I am seeing it correctly that they are the same SIZE? Correct?

If this is the case I believe it is a easy choice since I am gonna have it for a family ski!

But Will the FZS be better in the long run?

BUT I have seen prices in the $9000 range for a FXSHO!

Get the 2008 SHO, nothing wrong with the ski, FZS is only 1" shorter & seat does not appear to be as nice as the sho for 3.

+1
    I agree with you, I like the FXSHO better anyway.

Yamaha of San Antonio still has a blue one left.

+1
    Yea, I know I just called steve today, but I don't like the blue...

They also have the T-X... Ha. Ha.

I have been reading the other post about the FZR and I am now thinking of going the FZR with the S seat and bar.

Man I really am stumped!

S2R were do you ride? You need to hook up with us!

Yea, I know I just called steve today, but I don't like the blue...

They also have the T-X... Ha. Ha.

I have been reading the other post about the FZR and I am now thinking of going the FZR with the S seat and bar.

Man I really am stumped!

S2R were do you ride? You need to hook up with us!

I took that T-X out for a demo. It made me love my SHO even more + the best 2 way average I got with that thing on Dunlap was 67.1 with almost no fuel in it. My SHO will do 68+ all day long. Anyways PM me your info and we can get together and I will let you ride it. It wont be your RXP but you will like it on Dunlap.

+1
    You got it, and it doesn't need to be my RXP as I am not looking for anothere RXP. I do love them though, but they have there pros and cons. I am looking for a very Fresh new thing and that to me is a Yamaha.

You got a PM back also!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information