Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

DJSA Race 9 of 14 - Pittsburg Calif - Sat Sept 6th 2008

Join us for some serious fun at race #9 - at the always exciting
    Pittsburg Seafood Festival
    Located on the Sacramento River waterfront at
    Pittsburg California...

The Seafood Festival features hundreds of specialty culinary booths, arts, crafts, beverages, displays, live bands, and
    an expected 30,000 spectators!

Race 9 will be worth double points and will be dedicated in the memory of pro free rider Zach Waddle and Libby Davis who were
    killed earlier this month after being struck by a moving vehicle.
    Half the entry fees collected from this race, and any other donations made, will be forwarded to the trust fund of their 11 month old son - Mason Waddle.

Please join us for a special race dedicated to 2 very special people

Times -
    7 to 9 reg,tech,launching
    9 to 930 - standup practice
    930 to 1000 - Sitdown practice
    10 to 1030 - Late practice
    1030 - Riders meeting
    1100 - Pre Race Waddle - Davis Memorial Ceremony
    1130 - R a c i n g !

Classes -
    X2
    Sport 650 Standup
    Sprint 750 Standup
    Super 800 Novice Standup
    FAST stand (4 stroke and super talent pro/am)
    Sport Sit 900
    Sprint Sit 1000 - 1300 na
    Supersit 1300 stock novice
    SCXP Supersit (supercharged / xtra power) pro / am

Each class runs 3 heats
    There will be 3 intermission freestyle shows
    put on by the pros at the SKI CLINIC
    of Antioch.
    Awards will be presented at the beautiful
    Pittsburg Yacht Club

DJSA Reminders
    All riders MUST HAVE proof of current medical insurance.
    All skis must have legible race numbers for scoring.
    All racers must be 18 years of age.
    One ski length safe rule is always in effect.

$45 awa members
    $55 non awa members

Maps and launching directions will be posted shortly.

Any questions - Call me.
    See you there!

Attached Thumbnailshttp://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...1&d=1218792333

Particulars for reg / launching / and all the days activities will be posted shortly, but here are some related websites to start mapping things out.

www.pittsburgmarina.com
    www.pittsburgseafoodfestival.com
    www.lauritzens.com

The launch ramp will not be available by land during the festival.
    We are going to have to quad launch from a beach located a short distance away. The city is providing a barge that will transport your gear, fuel, pop ups, stands, and anything else you need to be taken to the launchramp area. Once at the ramp, sitdowns will stern in to the dock like at suisun... standups can go on stands at the water's edge, or go onto a dock like at suisun.

The City is providing a shuttle service from our parking area to the Festival VIP entrance at the Yacht Club. The shuttle runs every 10 minutes. If someone needs a quick ride to their vehicle we can run you over by boat. I know this is a challenge, but those are issues that come with having 30,000 spectators onhand...

It's going to be alittle challenging - but we're going to make it work.
    One thing we found out - is we can't fit a double sitdown trailer down the park path to the beach. Double standups and X2's will not be a problem. Single sitdown trailers will not be a problem. Double sitdown trailers - problem..... but -

Chris Lauritzen of Lauritzens Yacht Harbor in Oakley says if you launch a double at his marina (which has SECURE parking) he will waive the normal "per ski" launch fee and only charge you for the one you're riding. If a buddy is riding your 2nd ski, that one goes in for free. Chris asks if you go that route, you present proof of participation in race-9 at the office. I will make those up for people to print out to present to him. I am also working with the city of Pittsburg marina to top off your ski in exchange for having to have to ride it down there from Oakley.

From lauritzens to the race site - its about a 12 minute run, and this is only for the guys pulling a double sit trailer. All others we can accomodate at the site with the quads.

More info soon.

jim
    Last edited by TIOARI; 08-31-2008 at 02:28 AM.

well I'm out. I I need/want easy access to my vehicle for the wife & baby and this definetly isn't the race for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    well I'm out. I I need/want easy access to my vehicle for the wife & baby and this definetly isn't the race for that.
    Maybe not... Jim how will the parking be for my trailer, we could use it for the wife and baby of our longest traveler Nefarious or/and the crew and???? Or should I traveling light also?

+1
    The City is providing a shuttle service from our parking area to the Festival VIP entrance at the Yacht Club. The shuttle runs every 10 minutes. If someone needs a quick ride to their vehicle we can run you over by boat. I know this is a challenge, but those are issues that come with having 30,000 spectators onhand...

John,
    I will make sure there is room for your trailer, and if Jason wants to use it for his wife and baby we will make sure they can get over there when needed. I wish I had better answers for you guys - but this venue is going to be a challenge at the beginning and end of the day. If I didn't think we could all roll with it I wouldn't have signed us up here - but I know we can make it work and I think you guys will enjoy not only the racing - but the festival as well.

jim

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    Ok thanx Jim. Jason you heard it from the horses- well the horse himself. My casaisucasa dude. Make the trip my trailer will be there for your family. clean rest room-privacy-stove-electricity-air-heat-fridge-coolers-suppliers-tools. your wife and new baby will be good to go. So make the treck... John Bonkowski / Team Ski / Pig Dog Racing

+1
    If the Double Trailers want to meet at Lauritzen's, I'll be there around 7:30. Let's see if we can have groups of 2 or more leaving Lauritzen's.

If you're by yourself, I suggest bringing a small cooler with water/food, and a backpack for the trek to Pittsburg and the day.... As for fuel? I don't think most of the runabouts will need to bring an extra jug, but if you are going to be with someone, maybe you can unhitch your trailer at Laurtizen and a buddy drive and bring an extra jug to the festival.

Is This A Problem?

Jim,
    I was wondering if these would interfere in the race?

Quote Originally Posted by schrocketman View Post
    Jim,
    I was wondering if these would interfere in the race?

What happened brother?

Bringin' back the ol' X2 to the race scene! karty's Avatar
    WTF did you do?

I Am Too Old For This...

I was rough-housing with Hope's son and jumped out of the jacquzzi to throw him in...slipped on concrete...a$$-over-tea-kettle... landed on my left forearm and right elbow. After a 2nd set of x-rays (sorry Ray, they only found chipped pieces in the right and nasty bruising on the left. I only had the casts for two days...now just a elbow pad/sleeve.

Does look pretty freakin funny though!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information