Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Yellowsierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Andrews, NC
    Posts
    143

    Water Hose Hookup?

    Im sure this is a newbee question. Where do you hook up the water hose to the GPR so you can run it out off water. Do you have to have a adapter? I looked and looked but im not 100% sure and I figured you guys would now.


  2. #2
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowsierra View Post
    Im sure this is a newbee question. Where do you hook up the water hose to the GPR so you can run it out off water. Do you have to have a adapter? I looked and looked but im not 100% sure and I figured you guys would now.
    Take off the seat and it's a red hose with a black cap right next to the battery box you just take off the cap and you have to buy the flush adapter from a dealer. Then you hook up the hose and flush the ski.

  3. #3
    Yellowsierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Andrews, NC
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by yami_rida#26 View Post
    Take off the seat and it's a red hose with a black cap right next to the battery box you just take off the cap and you have to buy the flush adapter from a dealer. Then you hook up the hose and flush the ski.

    Thanks for the fast repley! I thought thats where it was but I noticed the treads where tho oppisite of the water hose. So I do have to buy an adapter.

    Thanks

    Justin

  4. #4
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pontoon Beach Illinois
    Posts
    1,115
    just to save a possible disaster... start the ski, turn hose on .... then turn hose off before you turn the ski off..... the ski has to be running before any water enters the flush adapter or water will bsck into the engine through the exaust....

  5. #5
    Yellowsierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Andrews, NC
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    just to save a possible disaster... start the ski, turn hose on .... then turn hose off before you turn the ski off..... the ski has to be running before any water enters the flush adapter or water will bsck into the engine through the exaust....
    Thanks. I probley would have opened the hose then started the motor. I guess we all have to start somewhere. I have learned ALOT form the forum. This is a great place with some really great people on here. Its like a big family.

    Justin

  6. #6
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pontoon Beach Illinois
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowsierra View Post
    Thanks. I probley would have opened the hose then started the motor. I guess we all have to start somewhere. I have learned ALOT form the forum. This is a great place with some really great people on here. Its like a big family.

    Justin
    This is a common problem, seems like once a week it happens in one form or another... i think it comes from putting a boat on the hose....
    good luck
    chris

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277
    The adapter should of come with your boat. Check the clear bag that has the manual and the tool kit in it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Running Jet Ski out of water for oil change with Water hose Hookup
    By ike609 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 06:02 PM
  2. water hose to 99 slt 700
    By newfie-bullet in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 09:40 PM
  3. RIVA IC water hose outlet ?
    By MIARider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
  4. Water hose connector
    By lt1transam in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 11:56 AM
  5. IC Water Hose
    By meeper in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •