Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Rxp-x with some mods...

hey guys, i am running an rxp-x with a 3" intake, Free flow exhaust, R&D grate.. Acceleration on this thing is unreal, feels a lot quicker than stock. But i can only turn out about 7800 rpms. its the middle of winter down here and water temp is very cold.. Surely i should be pulling more rpms than this?? What you guys think the prob could be? my oil level is about 3/4 the way up the level on the dipstick when its hot.. Could my wear ring be stuffed? how can i tell if it is no good?

Thankyou

+1
    Can anyone chime in here.. Not so long ago i was pulling over 8000 rpms, and that was before the mods. They ski has never taken off so hard, its just missing that bit on top end!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Can anyone chime in here.. Not so long ago i was pulling over 8000 rpms, and that was before the mods. They ski has never taken off so hard, its just missing that bit on top end!!
    you got any pics of wear ring???
    Although if your holeshot with no cavitation is still good then i doubt it is your ring.
    Maybe the R and D grate does not sit well with stock prop on top end.
    I would pull your prop and check to be sure is not off any and trailering blades are all the same.
    If they are take out 1 mm for starters on trailering edge to see if can gain back some rpm.

I would doubt is a boost leak since you say pulls good to 7,800 rpm.

+1
    No sorry no photo of my wear ring... There are just a few slight galges in it though.. I cavitate slightly out of the hole, but i thought this was just due to the R&D grate... I shall take it apart and have a look..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    you got any pics of wear ring???
    Although if your holeshot with no cavitation is still good then i doubt it is your ring.
    Maybe the R and D grate does not sit well with stock prop on top end.
    I would pull your prop and check to be sure is not off any and trailering blades are all the same.
    If they are take out 1 mm for starters on trailering edge to see if can gain back some rpm.

I would doubt is a boost leak since you say pulls good to 7,800 rpm.

I have the free flow exhaust and the R&D grate on the T-X I'm now doing 70.1 at 8160 my ski cavitates at take off due to the grate but once on plain no probs so IMO I'd say the prob dosn't lie with the grate I'm at 70hrs have some wear on the ring but machanic says its still good..Only an idea but I had the same symptoms after rolling my ski...
    Last edited by Pooche; 09-01-2008 at 04:01 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    I have the free flow exhaust and the R&D grate on the T-X I'm now doing 70.1 at 8160 my ski cavitates at take off due to the grate but once on plain no probs so IMO I'd say the prob dosn't lie with the grate I'm at 70hrs have some wear on the ring but machanic says its still good..Only an idea but I had the same symptoms after rolling my ski...
    Well... I have rolled my ski many a times... What was the solution??
    I Didnt roll it on my last time out, but still could only reach 7800 rpm... Are you using the stock prop?

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Well... I have rolled my ski many a times... What was the solution??
    I Didnt roll it on my last time out, but still could only reach 7800 rpm... Are you using the stock prop?
    I took it to the dealer they serviced it (it was due anyway) and got a little water out off the motor, thats what they said anyway. I thought the cylinders closed up to stop water ingestion when the ski is rolled then it goes into a limp mode . I could be very wrong though.... when I took it out again after the service it was all good...Sorry I rely on my Dealers mechanic alot..... I Still have the stock prop on I have the Solas 15/22r sitting at home waiting to go on...

+1
    Mine does the same, Stage 1 with prop straight thru exhaust etc. It used to do 73-4 on gps now only 68-70 and misses sometimes but then clears itself. Could i have water in the motor too, how do you check without a dealer visit?!?! Never been fully upside down but almost and i do ride in the surf.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dalef10ods View Post
    Mine does the same, Stage 1 with prop straight thru exhaust etc. It used to do 73-4 on gps now only 68-70 and misses sometimes but then clears itself. Could i have water in the motor too, how do you check without a dealer visit?!?! Never been fully upside down but almost and i do ride in the surf.
    I do not get what Pooche's dealer means by having water in the motor.... Where abouts can water be in the motor?? If there is water in the cylinders, you would know about it!!

Yeah sorry I only assumed he ment motor as he only said there was a bit of water in it...I took that as being in the motor as the hull was Dry...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information