Thread: Need Help...

Need Help...

Hi, I'm Amgad and I need help from the people here in this forum because I'm not such a Yamaha expert...
    I've always had a 2003 XLT1200 Waverunner, and now it's time to change that jet because it became old and I found someone interrested in buying it.
    I know poeple will start saying that the GP1300R is great, well actually it is fantastic, but I'm tired of used Jetskis because they always have problems and I don't have time to fix my jet every 5 minutes especially that in Egypt, a very little number of technicians really understand how to fix Jetskis.
    So, I had some friends of mine let me try their Jet ski's... And it was different, because the engine doesn't have that motorbike rough sound anymore, it became more like a Mercedes S-Class, but it was still fun.
    But I honestly didn't like the SeaDoo's, compared to Yamaha's, sitting in 'em was too tight, and the handlebar is tiny, so I prefered Yamaha's...
    But now the 2009 Yamaha lineup is out, and i need advice:
    I'm planning to buy an FX HO, because i'm not someone seeking for an expensive rocket, but still a good performance and a good look, besides it's not very expensive for its features, I mean it has the remote, it has a reboarding step, cruise control, no-wake mode, good looks, and a displacement of 1800cc, and also a good price: 11,300$.
    I want to add one more thing, I heard rumors that the XLT1200 is still being produced outside the US, if anyone knows where can I bring one , please let me know...
    So I wanted to know your opinion and I also wanted to know how much is the FX HO's Horsepower, thanks for your time.... And if you see any differences in the SeaDoo 2009 lineup when it comes out, please inform me...
    See Ya...
    Last edited by amgad131; 08-31-2008 at 06:21 AM.

somebody please help...

+1
    The XLT is history. As for the Sea Doo 09 line up, we will all know in a few days. I do not own a FX HO but I have a friend who has one and he loves it. It is good for 60 mph, has great fuel range, tons of storage, and terrific ride in the chop. To my knowledge, it has been trouble free. All around, a real good ski for the money. I own GPRS and rode this ski one day with my wife on the back. Very stable with 2 up and a real nice ski, oh, love the quite ride.
    They only "down side", if you want to call it that, is pricing. You can confirm this on Yamaha's web page, but the suggested retail price is not too much lower than that of the SHO. For the extra money, I would get the SHO.
    Good luck in your decision.

I'm just delighted that somebody helped, thanks a lot Kirk, well the problem for me to buy an SHO is making it enter inside Egypt, because it's 210 HP, it's not allowed to be there because the egyptian coast guard set a maximum of 180HP, i know it sounds dum, but in egypt everything is dum :S, and anyway the price is still good with all these features, don't you think ? and thanks again for your reply Kirk

If anybody has anything to add please don't hesitate...

people I need more info, if somebody has any please tell me...

i'm gonna close that thread

Thread Information