Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

need some advice from u guys on an issue with a dealer.

So yesturday morning my cousin and I went out riding on our skis. We just did a home made free flow exhuast on his RXPX. So we ran around the bay for about a half hour n we had no issues. So we decided to go for a run in the ocean. We figured we would run from inlet to inlet since it was soo nice out n the waves werent that big. We were running along and about mid way between both inlets my skis makes a grinding noise n shuts off on me. I quickly open the seat to see whats wrong n the hull was takin on water fast. I wave my cousin down n throw him a rope n i told him to run us onto the beach fast cause it was sinkin. I got about 3 ft from the shore n the ski just went to the bottom. 6 guys on the beach see n come to help us. We drag it onto the beach in the sand and i pull the drain plugsn empty the hull out. I finally have the beach patrol help me n they bring me a truck n trailor of theres n bring me to land to where my truck n trailor was. Turns out about 3-4 weeks ago my dealer installed my new prop n wear ring. Well they must have done something wrong. The billet cone on the prop back off drove down the shaft n threw the carbon seal and the prop walked off the shaft n stripped the prop n shaft out. Then when the ski went down it went down ass end first it broke the steering n trim system. This is a complete nightmare, this dealer worked on a very dear friend of mines ski and they put a new prop n wear ring in his about a week b4 mine n the same thing happened to his just his didnt sink the very next day after he picked it up. Im gonna say someone there whos wrenchin on these skis is not very good at what hes doing. My ski got soo trashed from the waves n goin down. Im very upset cause im very anal my ski get washed, waxed and cover in my garage after every ride. I also clean the motor n engine bay every ride n lube it with seadoo lube. What is ur opinion on this. I sold about 12 skis for this dealer in the past 2 seasons n many parts n accesories for them too. Everyones input on this would be great.

The same happened to me yesterday!!!!!

You was sucking water in the engine and in the oil!!

Can you run the engine at the moment??

Check the oil and when you found water (oil looks like yellow) change it very fast! 4 or 5 times!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by elbchecker View Post
    The same happened to me yesterday!!!!!

You was sucking water in the engine and in the oil!!

Can you run the engine at the moment??
    I got very lucky...the ski shut off and the water level was low in the ski...some how dont ask me how...I have NO water in my motor. I checked the oil...pulled the plugs...it does run fine n idle good. compression is good in all the cyc. I guess cause it wasnt running maybe. I thought for sure the motor was gonna have water in it.

You are a lucky boy!!

I had the water everywere
    But now, all is ok

+1
    if you feel its the dealers fault go back to then and make them do the repairs.

if you dont trust them get and estimate 2 other dealers and then sue them for the repair costs. if you go this route though get statements from your freind that had the same thing happen to him and the people at the beach patrol as to what happen.

i have boat and i took it to the dealer to have it winterized they said they winterize the motor check all the hoses and bellows. well this spring when i took the boat out it was leaking a little so i took it to them and it sat there for a week and they said there was nothing wrong with it. so i picked it up and head strait for the launch put it in the water go to park the truck and the when i got back the bilge pump was running full bore and it took on a lot of water.

i take it back to them to have it fixed and they go big deal except there is a lot of water damage at this point. they tried to charge me. i told them i had no problem paying for the bellow replacement but if they thought i was paying for the damage they caused they were out of there mind and i sue them. in the end i didn't pay for any thing.

by the way the bellow that went bad that cuased the leak was so dry rotted that it crumbled in my hand. goes to show you that even though you pay someone to check/fix something to go over it your self.

First you need to talk to the dealer about athe situation and see they're reaction to repairing ALL the damage done. I would think a reputable dealer that you seem to have a good relationship with won't give you any trouble about taking care of it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    First you need to talk to the dealer about athe situation and see they're reaction to repairing ALL the damage done. I would think a reputable dealer that you seem to have a good relationship with won't give you any trouble about taking care of it.
    +1. Give them a chance to do rite.

Buy a manual from Jerry and start doing everything yourself!!! I have absolutely had it with shady dealers. I used to pay a dealer a premium fee for them to turn around and pay some kid 10 bucks an hour or so to perform half ass work on my bike. Not ever again. Walking into a dealer shop any more feels more like your in a burger king kitchen. DEALERS, SAC UP AND START HIRING SOME EXPERIENCED ADULTS FOR MECHANICS AND PAY THEM SOMETHING THEY CAN LIVE ON.

+1
    Last edited by skoepp; 08-31-2008 at 11:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information