Fuel pump failure...rrfpr stock injectors

latest edit:
    WTF... bought a new pump (xref a part number from another post.... that one does the same thing). wtf is going on?? Could it be the ECU??? ground goes into ecm thats all i can think... everything is powering up normal... maint light is on but i do all my services...

Hey guys,
    Just posting up that my fuel pump went out this weekend. i have a rude charger with a rude rrfpr on the stock injectors... fuel pressure is 60. it will not prime or power on. its getting voltage. i took it out and played with it some, whacked it on the trailer and i got it to spin over some.... re-installed it and it ran for until i jumped a wake then it went out again.
    not saying rrfpr on stockers is the cause because the ski does have 200 hrs on it. just thought i would put it out there.

edit 1:
    now its not priming.... jump it with 12v and it powers but its not priming at initial key install. i checked the fuse... is there a relay?

edit #2:
    checked voltage inside the pump shield and its getting power to it, so its definatly the pump. but it runs fine if you jump to direct to 12v off the battery... damn thats weird

lol edit # 3
    the harness is getting 12v at the pump. kicker is the ground is loosing 1v so if you meter it at the pump it shows 11.2v. now if you use the power @ the pump and the ground at the battery...presto fuel pumpage.... let me digg around the wiring diagram... keep ya posted.

Lee
    Last edited by BoostedH23a1; 08-31-2008 at 09:51 PM.

I thought with the rude you needed the rrfpr and 42# injectors? I also thought the stock injectors with the rrfpr set at 60 was for the X SC? Not saying that's what caused the failure, just that I'm confused on fuel for certain setups again.

+1
    you can run the stock injectors with Rude and rrfpr.

read edit 2
    when all was well afr was 12.2 i believe

bump for new info (edited 1st post)...wtf is wrong

update number 352,

unpluged B from ecu, all looked good. ohmed out the wire from b29 to d (ground at the pump) it ohmed out ok.... so then i sprayed some electric contact cleaner on the ecu and on the ecu plug... slapped it back on and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fuel pump jumped to life and almost nipped my sac (lol kidding of course)... its 10:00pm so i cant see crap but as of right now it seemed to work a few times. i will do some more testing in the am and hopefully give her a test drive tommorow.

as for the fuel filer i would like to replace it but i cant find it on the parts catalog... nor the pump and all that im not buying the entire thing for a sock.

i got that gm one that was referenced in another post but it looks like that will have to go inside the aluminum can... no like the other on the outside...

Also there are 2 washers, 1 metal and 1 rubber, i dont know where they came from does anyone know? it looks like that would be put in the bottom of the aluminum can thing but what is the order they go in?

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    you put the rubber in first then the steel its to stop the fuel fro draining back.
    Im having the exact same problem on an rxt it didnt have ground at the pump when key on or cranking (recently had new pump) it has 12v at the pump so like you ohmed b29 to the pump which was fine and ohmed the 3 earths from the ecu and they were fine so i suspected ecu fault plugged in a riva ecu and it fired up i thoought sweet plugged old one in to confirm its faulty and that runs now to!! damn electrics i cleaned all terminals and cleared faults and will see how it goes
    this ski runs the older style les cooke extra fuel pump has anyone had issues with this setup i ont like the way both pumps are grounded through the 1 ecu pin?

Airtex Part numbers for the filters
    Outer Fuel Filter:FS242
    Inner: FS220
    if they want a application use a 97-02 Saturn SL with a 1.9L
    exactly the same filter.

well, got her all back together and so far she fires on the trailer and revs ok, guess i gotta get the curage to take it out in the river... dont have anyone to tow me back in, lol im going to stop by advanced and see if i can find a pigtail that will fit the pump so i can make a jumper to the battery so the ecu side craps out.i can still get back. it wouldnt have a gas guage but the hell with that at that point.

Thread Information