Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar

Hit the ocean finally....

I got tired of looking at everyone's pics of being in the ocean, and jumping waves. So yesterday, I took the 760 out to Oregon Inlet. Yes, I was by myself, but I was in plain view of LOTS of people, and the Coast Guard station is right there.

Let me tell you what.... THAT was friging AWESOME! Waves were 5', and 11 seconds apart. I didn't get too crazy because I don't know how far I can drop that GP hull. I know in '97 they had weak hulls, and improved in '98, which is what year mine is.

I really wish I could find some other ballsy guys/girls in my area to go out there with me. There are some way better waves further out.

I will be down there this Spring!!!! Dates not set yet, but I will be there.... Skis in tow.

I will be in either Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo, or Avon, so that aint that bad of a ride.

I will be down there this fall for Thanksgiving, but I won't have my skis with me.

Awesome! Just let me know...

Keep ya posted.

Good deal... I know there are plenty of PWC owners here on the Outer Banks. I just never see anyone except on rentals....

I've broken more parts out wave jumping than I care to think about. There a good chance the hull will be the last thing to break, everything else however is fair game.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXJeepGuy View Post
    Good deal... I know there are plenty of PWC owners here on the Outer Banks. I just never see anyone except on rentals....
    You need to find a local riding club, check with some of these contacts, they may be able to help you...

North Carolina

Playtime PWC Club
    Cary, NC
    919-319-6163

Triangle Water Sports
    Angier, NC
    919-639-0238

Triangle Watercraft Club
    834 Purser Drive, Suite 102
    Raleigh, NC 27603
    919-661-6636
    Email [email protected]
    North Carolina

http://www.jetski.com/article.cfm?id=148#17

Corolla Watersports at the Inn at Corolla Light
    1066 Ocean Trail, Corolla
    (252) 453-8602

This sister store to North Duck Water- sports rents the Wave Runner III. Call for rates and more information. Corolla Water- sports is open May through October.
    Kitty Hawk Watersports
    NC 12, Corolla
    (252) 453-6900
    www.kittyhawksports.com

Kitty Hawk Watersports, behind TimBuck II Shopping Village and affiliated with Kitty Hawk Sports, rents Waverunners by the half hour and hour. Call for prices and more information. Waterbikes, paddleboats, kayaks, and parasailing are also offered through this store. Kitty Hawk Watersports is open in Corolla from early spring through fall. The Nags Head location at Milepost 16 on US 158 stays open longer.
    North Duck Watersports
    NC 12, Duck
    (252) 261-4200

Three miles north of the village on the Sanderling border, this center rents Wave Runners to ride across the nearby Currituck Sound. Call for rates. North Duck Watersports is open April through October.
    Nor'Banks Sailing Center
    NC 12, Duck
    (252) 261-7100
    www.norbanks.com

Nor'Banks Sailing Center rents Wave Runners and Sea Doo jet boats. It is open spring through fall.
    The Promenade Watersports
    US 158, Kitty Hawk
    (252) 261-4400

Before arriving at the Outer Banks from the Wright Memorial Bridge, The Promenade is on the right. A watersports and kiddie recreational park, Promenade includes enough to keep everybody delighted on land as well as on Currituck Sound on a PWC. Wave Runners and Runabouts rent by the half hour, hour, half- day, or full day. Early-bird specials are offered on Wave Runners. Call for price information. The Promenade says it has the largest riding area of any other PWC rental business because its share of Currituck Sound is not restricted by municipal regulations. Promenade closes in winter.
    The Waterworks
    US 158, MP 17, Nags Head
    (252) 441-8875
    www.waterworks.ws

One of the many activities and services Waterworks offers is PWC rental. JetSkis, Sea Doos, and Wave Runners are available at half-hour and hourly rates. Call for prices. Waterworks also sells PWCs, including Yamaha and Sea-Doo. Rentals are available March through November.
    Kitty Hawk Watersports
    US 158, MP 16, Nags Head
    (252) 441-2756
    www.kittyhawksports.com

This complete store rents Wave Runners by the half hour and hour. The store is on the sound in Nags Head, so launching is easy. Waterbikes, paddleboats, and kayaks are available for purists. Call for prices. There are also Kitty Hawk Watersports locations in Corolla, Duck, and Avon. The Nags Head location is open well into the fall.
    Rodanthe Watersports and Campground
    NC 12, Rodanthe
    (252) 987-1431

This soundfront campground and water- sports operation rents Wave Runners as well as surfboards, bikes, kayaks, and sailboats.
    Hatteras Watersports
    NC 12, Salvo
    (252) 987-2306

Hatteras Watersports rents Wave Runner personal watercraft. The store is on the sound side, across from the Salvo Volunteer Fire Department.
    http://www.insiders.com/outerbanks/m...tersports5.htm

Yoyomama....

I am not trying to poo poo your suggestion, but the riding clubs you mentioned are all 3 hours inland. As for the watersports places, all they do is rent to the public. Those are 99% run by out of town college kids.. And the people who own the places don't even ride!

Thread Information