Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fogging a SHO.

Fogging a SHO.

Has anyone fogged their SHO yet.

I may be not riding for 5 or 6 weeks when I'm away, and thought I should fog it.

How does this sound----Take off the plastic engine cover, open the filter box and out with the filter, fire it up and spray the fogging oil in for 10 seconds or so.

What fogging oil to use? I do believe Seadoo have a good one. Suggestions please?

Take off the plastic engine cover and disconnect the breather hose from the oil separator/breather assembly. (The hose bypasses the airbox and goes straight into the supercharger)

Start engine and spray fogging oil through the breather hose for about 5 seconds while the engine is running. While spraying in thru the hose, the engine rpm will drop noticeably. This is normal.

mitch

Thanks Mitch for your info.. Will do if I'm not using it for a month or more.

This is the same hose that you are told to spray a rust inhibitor in at the ten hour service, right? Also, what would you guys recommend using for this and how often? I used WD40 but I was wondering if I should get some CRC silicone lubricant in there as I know WD40 tends to break down rubber over time. I also have some fluid film. I'm talking about the rust inhibitor into the tube, not fogging. Also, when should you fog. Obviously during winterization but how long can you let your ski sit without having to fog? Sorry, not trying to hijack.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCreepa 4SHO View Post
    This is the same hose that you are told to spray a rust inhibitor in at the ten hour service, right? Also, what would you guys recommend using for this and how often? I used WD40 but I was wondering if I should get some CRC silicone lubricant in there as I know WD40 tends to break down rubber over time. I also have some fluid film. I'm talking about the rust inhibitor into the tube, not fogging. Also, when should you fog. Obviously during winterization but how long can you let your ski sit without having to fog? Sorry, not trying to hijack.
    Ya I'd like to know the same stuff. Can anyone help?

I normally ride every week, and have for years, but if I'm away for more than 2 or 3 weeks then I feel one should 'fog' the internals of a ski engine to give any moisture in there less chance of damaging anything.
    4 strokes I have read and heard of can rust on valve stems that may eventually let go so dropping a valve ruining the motor.
    I'm not exactly what product I shall use as yet to do it-----my Yami dealer can supply something as can the local Seadoo guys----will wait and see.

Re. spraying the outside of the engine, on the SHO I'm using silicon spray as it does not damage the lots of rubber that's in the engine bay.
    I have used many different things though----WD40, CRC, Lanotex etc. etc. But I have made an effort to keep them off the rubber as these products may damage it.

+1
    Guys, I would not use any penetrating oil like WD40 as they are made to break down the bond between two objects also why they break down rubber parts, I would use only a rust inhibitating oil. There should be one available at any auto parts store.

Superair

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCreepa 4SHO View Post
    i would use fogging oil as that is what is what it is designed for (rust inhibitor)
    i sprayed my ski when it was new just to make sure all the throttle body linkages had some lube before having salt air all around them
    i also squirted some down the throttle bodies to give the valves a coat
    i have only done it once
    although i do occasionally put some 2 stoke oil in the fuel to give parts a new coating

kev

I would only use fogging oil for sure. Probably from Yamaha or Seadoo.

Interesting you say you put a little 2 stroke oil into the gas Kev. I must say I had thought of that some months ago-----a bit like the upper cylinder lube we used to put in our cars before 'cat cons' came in vogue.

I have a couple of litres of TCW3 left over here from the 'stroker' days, but I better not make it a 40 to 1 mix in the SHO. LOL.

+1
    I use a product in my gas called Ring Free...it's made by Yamaha and Chevron and is used for keeping valves etc. free of buildup...I add one small capful with each tank of gas.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information