Oklahoma City, OK

How to fix a nick

Yesterday I got a nick on my ski. Blah. Anyways it isn't bad I guess. Didn't go through to the fiberglass. However I am a perfectionist as can be seen in the photos of my ski.

What is the best way to fix this?

Oklahoma City, OK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0867.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	91921   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0868.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	91922   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0866.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	91923  

Evercoat polyister putty,ultra fine..You can find at your local Westmarine marine shop.600 grit sand paper ,first to clean and roughin for putty to bond.Mix a small portion and ad a line of the drying agent that comes with putty.Apply let set for 15 minute and wet sand with 800-1000 grit .You would need to color match the paint and spray/pollish.I normally spray gel-coat after and wet sand again and then compound and pollish to a brillant shine..In your case i read in thread that gpr do not have gelcoat but painted boats.not sure if true.....good luck if not you can alway put a sticker over it...

How'd that happen?
    I've got a few small marks on my GPR that need fix too. My RXDI came with some big dings that need fixing.

Good luck!

Marine Tex

The legendary, high-strength epoxy repair compound, designed for filling, bonding and rebuilding wood, fiberglass, ceramic, glass, metal, masonry, and many plastics. Easy-to-apply paste makes permanent repairs to hulls, decks, and equipment, including exhaust lines, outdrives, tanks, piping, and stringers. Marine-Tex can be used to fill gouges in wood and fiberglass, making the repaired area stronger than before. The cure rate allows sufficient working time for complex repairs. Marine-Tex bonds dissimilar metals without galvanic corrosion, and can be drilled and tapped, and can be painted after it has cured. This white epoxy can be tinted with Fiberglass Evercoat coloring agents for color matching, and is recommended for fiberglass and wood applications.

Go to your local auto parts store and get some Duplicolor NG GM 433 touch up paint. Keep putting on layers till it is above the original paint. Use some 1000 grit sandpaper and wet sand till smooth, then buff out. It will look fine.

Thread Information