Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SHO gauges

+1

SHO gauges

Anyone have a review of the SHO instrument panel.

I'm not looking for a kiss-ass review... just one of what you have noticed in bright sunlight, usability, or just hate/love it.

PM me if you are embarrassed to post it.

I have a 'Cruiser' that's got all the 'bling' on the dash, but I never use it.

The tacho/speedo was set to tacho setting by me when first bought, and on the left of that there is the digital speed readout in our case KPH that I keep an eye on. Fuel gauge is there and worth watching though----of course.

Some people seem to love all the stuff and info-----I don't care-----just like to go for a ride.

I have no problems with mine, even during bright sunlight.

Oops, double post.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCreepa 4SHO View Post
    Oops, double post.
    Have not had any issues with sunlight, just the usual complaint that the fuel meter drops 2 bars at a time, slowly at first then quickly for the 2nd half. Have to switch between mPH & RPMs, If I remember correctly on my kawi I could watch MPH on Analog & rpm's digitally? Anyways the SHO gauge is kind of limeted...

Jim

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    Have not had any issues with sunlight, just the usual complaint that the fuel meter drops 2 bars at a time, slowly at first then quickly for the 2nd half. Have to switch between mPH & RPMs, If I remember correctly on my kawi I could watch MPH on Analog & rpm's digitally? Anyways the SHO gauge is kind of limeted...

Jim
    +1, I love the big analog gauge for visibility, u can just glance at it and know pretty much where ur at w/o having to takes ur eyes off reading the water at high speed.
    Jpack, a Good way to prevent the need to switch between mph/PRM's is keep the big analog on RPM and use the left-side digital for dreamometer for speed (thats what the GPS is for). I'm more concerned of what the big guy is doing (i.e. motor as I am pretty adept at gauging my speed w/o a speed meter unless I'm getting pounded in rough chop offSHOre. The clear cover on the instrument cluster is very good, A little Rain-X on the face keeps any spotting/salt residue off.
    I have never been a big fan of digital gauges even tho the SHO gauge is very good as far as visibilty in variable sunlit conditions.

I think the FZR gauge cluster is the nicest ive seen so far......2 big analogs letting u know whats happening at all times...just like a motorcycle................just my .02

Jim

Yeh I hear you on the fuel meter thing. It's not that big of a deal as I don't cover extremely long distances. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I can see rpm's on digi and speed on analog, and vise-versa. I could be wrong as this weekend has been quite the blur and my brain is in serious need of some rest.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCreepa 4SHO View Post
    Yeh I hear you on the fuel meter thing. It's not that big of a deal as I don't cover extremely long distances. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I can see rpm's on digi and speed on analog, and vise-versa. I could be wrong as this weekend has been quite the blur and my brain is in serious need of some rest.
    I guess I have not paid enough attention to it & have not rode in a while, is that how it works, if one is mph the other is RPM???

Yes I do like the FZR gauges!!!!!!!
    Jim

Ramming speed Mr Zulu! TeamYamSHO's Avatar
    I guess I have not paid enough attention to it & have not rode in a while, is that how it works, if one is mph the other is RPM???

Yes I do like the FZR gauges!!!!!!!
    Jim

The analog gauge can change between RPM and speed(mph/kmh)
    To the left of the analog gauges, i do believe it only remains at speed. And there has all the warning indicators etc, hours/volts.
    If you have the cruiser, the right side, has fuel consumption, odometer (resets when you turn off the engine) time travelled, air temp, water temp, average speed. compass. And i think 1 or 2(maybe more) other things.
    Also a nice feature is you can change the units, like gallons to litres, kilometres to miles etc..

Has anyone converted the dash of a regular SHO to th ecruisers dash? Im wondering what all would be needed to do so. I really like the idea of knowing the air and water temps, and I would like to move the air sensor to the inlet pipe of the engine after the intercooler to constantly know actual IATs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information