Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1

    UMI steering install (RXP) question

    Ok, were running out of summer here.....and fast. So I have a complete UMI steering setup here to put on my 06 RXP, my question is how long does this take? I hate the 06 setup compared to my X but the 06 is a stage 3 . Its almost to bad to ride but I dont want to loose out on any water time or do I grin and bear it and wait for winter . So how long should it take and yes I know my way around the inside of a RXP.
    Thanks


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    Ok, were running out of summer here.....and fast. So I have a complete UMI steering setup here to put on my 06 RXP, my question is how long does this take? I hate the 06 setup compared to my X but the 06 is a stage 3 . Its almost to bad to ride but I dont want to loose out on any water time or do I grin and bear it and wait for winter . So how long should it take and yes I know my way around the inside of a RXP.
    Thanks
    I've installed several UMI set up's, but not on an RXP... Shoundn't take that long to install depending on your abilities & the "tools" in your shed I found most of the time was trying to adjusting the steering cable to get the handle bars centered after installation Nice set up... you'll love it

  3. #3
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    I've installed several UMI set up's, but not on an RXP... Shoundn't take that long to install depending on your abilities & the "tools" in your shed I found most of the time was trying to adjusting the steering cable to get the handle bars centered after installation Nice set up... you'll love it
    Hey thanks, yes, tools are covered. Cars are my pashion, boats are my drug of choice. So what do you think a couple hours?

  4. #4
    Jason Russo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bradenton,Florida
    Posts
    314
    +1
    2
    i have installed several umi steering setups thru out the years.
    the rxp is one of the easiest to install. a couple of hours and u should be done........

  5. #5
    PWC Rider & Racer RXPBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, MD
    Posts
    194
    2-3 hrs. for removal of stock stuff, and install of UMI. You have to cut the hull a little to install it. The most time consuming thing is fine tuning the steering to get it 100% straight w/ the bars.

  6. #6
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPBeast View Post
    2-3 hrs. for removal of stock stuff, and install of UMI. You have to cut the hull a little to install it. The most time consuming thing is fine tuning the steering to get it 100% straight w/ the bars.
    +1 on that one. LOL
    It took me long time to get steering adjusted. It seems to be especially a trick to adjust steering properly with umi and wedge.

  7. #7
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    +1 on that one. LOL
    It took me long time to get steering adjusted. It seems to be especially a trick to adjust steering properly with umi and wedge.

    Great, nothing drives me more crazy than handle bars being off. Skoepp, I guess I'm in the same boat (no pun intended as I also have a wedge).
    BTW, waterbox showed up Friday!!! Thanks again!
    Mike

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. "HOW TO" Umi Steering Install
    By CarFanatic in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 04:39 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 06:39 PM
  3. UMI Steering install problems... any how to thread links?
    By o uncola o in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
  4. UMI Steering on RXP
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 07:31 PM
  5. UMI steering for RXP
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 02:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •