Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oil P Warning on Ultra 250

i was out doing some ocean riding and for a few seconds my oil p warning light came on for about 3 seconds then went away, i was wondering maybe the ski was leaning a certain way for a little while on a wave (it was rough out there) and lost a little oil pressure, everything sounded ok and oil looks fine. where is the oil pump(s) located on the 250x

Check your oil level with the engine level and see where it is on the dipstick. Do you have the OCMS installed or the return line from the catch can to oil pan blocked? If you did, then you are probably low on oil and need to add some.

Me too

I had the same code on my 2007 this weekend, I did the timming mod and went out to the surf for 2 hours went in refueled and went back out and 1 hour into ride the oil p light came on. I took the seat cover off and the engine is very hot!! I let it cool down restarted and everything seams fine, I rode it back to dock about 30min. I am cofused I checked oil before we went and it is still fine after we got back.

Does the advanced timming mod make engine run hotter? I have not done the intercooler mod yet. Any Ideas???

Timing should not make the engine to much hotter as long as you stayed around 6deg.

We have hit the Oil P light before. It seems to happen after long hard rides. Our went off and I pulled the stick right away. Oil wasnt even on the dip stick. Let it idle around for a minute or two and it ran fine again.

I believe it happens when hot and riding rough. The oil is all over the engine and enough is not in the pan to pick up enough oil for the pump. This causes a quick low oil condition that the oil pressure switch catches. Usually it goes away when you calm down the riding.

Then again it could be a faulty sensor switch. If it keeps happening then have it looked at by the dealer.

Thanks

It makes me feel better knowing that. I've got some good footage of the 10-15 foot waves we got from the hurricane. Thanks for the reply!!!

i have to re check oil level and i dont have ocms kit installed, thanks for all the good info

+1
    You may loose some oil when pulling the front cover for the timing mod. But I wouldn't think enough to cause a warning light.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteMan View Post
    It makes me feel better knowing that. I've got some good footage of the 10-15 foot waves we got from the hurricane. Thanks for the reply!!!
    post the footage....let's seeeee

video

My brother just put it up on youtube and I do not khow how to get it here. You can do a search under mimmen to see the video. It was very hard to make videos in the surf.

+1

This it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information