2003 Seadoo LE- RFI Don't start.

The engine don't start , I need to know what I need to check to verify the engine , The fuel pump is working good , and the spart plug is new. What is the next step to check?

i'm guessing from your wording that it turns over but does not start.

all you need for some type of combustion is fuel, air & spark. the plug has spark?? the plug is wet - getting fuel??

you can download the service manual for free over at pwctoday.com in the seadoo section - get it if you do not own. IMO - RFI's suck

Quote Originally Posted by ohell View Post
    i'm guessing from your wording that it turns over but does not start.

all you need for some type of combustion is fuel, air & spark. the plug has spark?? the plug is wet - getting fuel??

you can download the service manual for free over at pwctoday.com in the seadoo section - get /it if you do not own. IMO - RFI's suck
    Plug is wet might not be fuel or it might be to much. Also so telling somoe one their Ski Sucks isnt very nice.
    Did you replace both Spark plugs? Do you have spark ? Is the engine turning the correct speed? If all the answers are yes you might try pulling the plugs and cranking the engine till nothing blows out the holes but air. Then put the plugs back in and pull the Engine intake cover off and spray some kind of cobustible into the flame arrester while trying to start the engine. If it fires and doesnt keep running you have a fuel issue. Its water or bad fuel or not enough fuel pressure. If it keeps running it will probably start on its own next time.

i missed the spot where i said your gti le is the crappiest pwc ever built. the fact that the rfi isn't the easiest engine for average joe to work is true. granted by '03 seadoo had the set up tweaked but a lot going on there like darn thing consuming about twice the running amperage then a carb 787 or 947. it takes a lot of juice and PM to keep a rfi or di running. better make sure you run good fuel and keep fuel tank condensate to a minimum.

i have owned two RFI's not in a gti le hull and imo they suck. SD took a good platform and to apiese the dirt people added fuel injection to a freakin pwc, with it a lot of nesessary electronic controls to aid FI, made one hot exhaust system then added 10 or 20 plastic resonators to keep sound level to a purr. now truth be known, probability says a 96 or 97 gtx will run twice the trouble free hours then a gti le and cost half as much to fix while the fuel savings and enviromental affect is about negligable.

btw - if plug is dry after cranking for 10-15 seconds that may indicate an issue. starting fliud is never an answer unless your working on a deisel.

just my 02

Starting fluid no but Storite or seadoo lube. Even gas if you careful. How do you know the fuel pump is working good? The sock could be clogged or the bottom of the tank could be water Need a pressure guage to check pump. If you pull the plugs and ground the wires you can crank the engine and you should see a light mist of fuel and air come out the plug holes
    Last edited by PEST!; 09-11-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Thread Information