Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Not impressed by P-X

to start my holiday weekend off (friday) i decided to go down to the lake and take my BLUE sho for a spin and enjoy having the fastest thing on the lake, but to my disappointment as i was taking it off the lift the local marina was pulling up tho drop off a new rxp-x. from being GH here and reading all the threads about how fast they are i figured my days of being "KING" of the lake were over. so i watched him sat. and sun. zooming around and just figured he was alot faster than me, then on mon. i saw him coming up behind me and i punched it.........well, he didn't catch me!
    so i stopped and we talked and decided to do a couple passes. he pulled me by about a ski and a half out of the hole but as soon as we got to a little chop (4"-6") i quickly gained on him and went right past. a friend of his brought out a radar gun on there boat and we both did about 8 passes each. i hope the radar is a little off because it said i was only going 64mph however he was only going 65mph. he was told the p-x's will do 85mph stock, i laughed!! so now, even though i lost the top speed shootout, i feel alot better and know that when my ski goes back in water next year i should be king of the lake again..... providing he doesn't do any mods also. if i see him out there next weekend matbe we can get some gps speeds that way we know exactly how fast we are. is there any way to get detailed drawings of some of the mods for the sho like the freeflow exhaust or power core intercooler/ intake manifold upgrade kit because i would like to make these items myself and save alittle money? thanks for any help and have fun riding.

Rough water you will win. But try an RXT-X in the chop. Will be close. But dont be shocked it the T-X passes you in the chop. Flat water good luck the P-x loves flat water. Just my .02 BTW I do like the SHO, So im not bashing

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I feel really sorry for that d-bag if he thinks he can go 85........ 68-69 if hes lucky. But of course I got my SHO guy sunday that said his ski was 300hp and did 75..............

+1
    If that px was brand new I would not race him again cause it will probably turn out alot different after he gets a few hours on it.

if i have a slower ski thats ok it just gives me more reason to go faster.
    where in venice do you live? on the island? i lived in venice for about four years then moved to englewood before coming back to MI

I also got to race a RXP-X this weekend, It is my little cousins and tyhe little dick wouldnt let me ride it so i did the next best thing and beat him riding 2-up.

He has close to 10 hrs on it and i just finished breaking in my new topend, All i have is F/A, milled head, ride plate, 1200 intake grate, d-plate, and ppk.

The lake was rough about 1-3' chop and boat waves, but my GPR did better yesterday then his RXP-X, if we raced from a dead stop i wouldnt stand a chance but crusing at 30 and punching it he couldnt catch me, I was only about 1-1 1/2 skis infront so it was close, and if it was alittle less choppy i would have deff lost.

+1
    I raced a brand new RXT-X this weekend at Lake of the Ozarks and pulled it ever so slightly. Water was smooth as glass.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOTIME View Post
    if i have a slower ski thats ok it just gives me more reason to go faster.
    where in venice do you live? on the island? i lived in venice for about four years then moved to englewood before coming back to MI
    I actualy live in north port but I have an auto body shop on venice ave Car chemistry auto body.

You guys are all saying how your beatin the seadoos, yet you all said they were brand new ( except for GPR one). If you guys raced those seadoos again at 10 hours, I would predict them to beat you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    You guys are all saying how your beatin the seadoos, yet you all said they were brand new ( except for GPR one). If you guys raced those seadoos again at 10 hours, I would predict them to beat you.
    I am well aware of this. Not exactly sure why that is though that the Doos pick up MPH after break in and the Yamis don't seem to.

Yamaha finally gave me a platform with the potential to out perform the doos. Hell my SHO is already as quick as a the T-Xs with less HP and more CIs. That tells me the hull design more efficient. I plan on modding it to the point where I kick the shit out of as many doos as I come across where I ride (becasue there is always someone faster) and then I'm done.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information